Author Topic: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!  (Read 27998 times)

99Feeablo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 15
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2019, 08:20:26 AM »
Thank you sir!  Looking forward to showing up next year, I won’t bother being judged tho, I never even got anything like I was supposed to, I even called numerous times and they never did anything about my supposed award... ha. Anyhow it was fun showing the car, hope all is well with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 years Air Force automotive tech
19 years at SkyWest Airlines (aircraft mechanic)15 years of flying my airplane to work everyday

sisqocracker

• Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2017, 06:07:44 PM »
That was a Friday picture.

Thanks,
Coop

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »
I found some pics at Carlisle's website which show only TWO of the seven cars that we had there at the 2017 show.  (Sorry Adrian, Bob, RT, & Jimbo)  Typical of the poor coverage by Carlisle of the expertise of our hobby.  I don't appreciate repetitive pics of cars on an angle or zoomed views.  Also found my build in the 2016 show (web address below).  Absent were pictures of Jimbo's blue Diablo and Adrian's Diablo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlisle-events/sets/72157681061862494/page4  (almost half way down shows Steve's Diablo and Sisgocracker's build)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlisle-events/albums/72157668781001365/page4  (almost half way down is my build) (lost my front trunk lid somewhere in PA.)  :'(

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:38:41 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »
It was many, many years ago that I brought my in-progress Diablo to the Carlisle show.  Most people would see a finished car and get stars in their eyes thinking it would be so much fun and easy to build one of these beauties in a few weeks.  I figured people needed to see what really goes into a build.  Even the first time I brought my car it was constantly "examined" by a lot of people.  I thoroughly encourage those in the process of building to show them off!  It can only help people realize these are not toys that can be assembled at home with little effort.  We builders are a rare group of talented individuals with enormous skill sets and a desire to create.  We basically are building street rods that happen to look like a Lamborghini.  The dedication to making it a true replica adds to the complexity.  ANYONE who completes one of these deserves their spot on the list of 3%-ers.
The online trolls who don't get it and want to only draw a reaction from us by bashing what we do should die a slow death.
I saw one such idiot at 88.5countach youtube channel who insisted on belittling my build by calling me stupid for building what I could buy.  He obviously didn't get it or just wanted to raise our ire.  We all know why we do this and it is not because we just want to buy  Lamborghini.  We are driven to make a statement by our accomplishment.  And it can be fun.
So guys, be proud of what you do and let people see it in all stages as you build.

RT

Sorry I haven't responded sooner I'm a bit of a social media butterfly kinda dance around from one to the next when occasions permit.  As you know I tend to hone in on the YouTube video stuff since its another hobby of interest to me.  As for those "hate comments", its the negative part of YouTube but definitively a part of it.  Some are just young, lost or come from a background that just don't understand and there is nothing you can say to change it.  I've gotten good at ignoring them and that seems to be the best result as they move on desperate for a reaction or interaction in other areas.

Thanks to those that chime in to defend I do appreciate it, but don't waste to much time on it, not worth the effort.

Hoping to have a visit with Udo up hear, he build the red countach in the "Best replicas in Toronto" video I did.  Talented guy and I'm interested in his story.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
I received a message from Steve (99feeablo) stating that he did NOT receive his Carlisle award on Sunday as he was NOT told where to be to receive the award.  He contacted Carlisle Shows and had to pay $15 to have the award sent to him.  So far, he has NOT received anything via mail.  I, personally, sent an email to Carlisle prior to the show, asking about the change of location for "our" cars but never received any response from them either.  We'll see what happens with Steve and hope that the lines of communication are fixed before next year.

Retired

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
The shame (if there is one) comes with having to cover (all of the time and effort, blood, sweat, & tears, that we put into a build) with the beautiful top coat of one of the most beautiful cars ever produced.  The finished project is a masterpiece that cannot be mirrored by any other "kitcar" period.  At present, I am slowed down by "build depression" (the unseen enemy of such a hobby that hinders our completion).  Maybe it has something to due to age (73) but when you fall off of a horse....get up and jump into the saddle again.  Maybe this will be a good summer for me.  We have yet to see one of the many Murcies at the Carlisle Show.  The Murcies have been the main Lamboclone topic for the last five years or so.  Hope to see some examples next year in Carlisle.  Come and get your shot of adrenalin to stay on your "horse".

01 Jim
Retired

diablodoc

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 09:16:32 AM »
I'd like to reinforce what Ron (RT) said.  Actually, his tag at the bottom of his posts says it all.  You really need to have a desire to BUILD, not just own.  If you enjoy creating and building and you take pride and pleasure in accomplishing something few can do, then this might be for you.  If you just want to look "cool" and want to do it on the cheap, then look somewhere else.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
It was many, many years ago that I brought my in-progress Diablo to the Carlisle show.  Most people would see a finished car and get stars in their eyes thinking it would be so much fun and easy to build one of these beauties in a few weeks.  I figured people needed to see what really goes into a build.  Even the first time I brought my car it was constantly "examined" by a lot of people.  I thoroughly encourage those in the process of building to show them off!  It can only help people realize these are not toys that can be assembled at home with little effort.  We builders are a rare group of talented individuals with enormous skill sets and a desire to create.  We basically are building street rods that happen to look like a Lamborghini.  The dedication to making it a true replica adds to the complexity.  ANYONE who completes one of these deserves their spot on the list of 3%-ers.
The online trolls who don't get it and want to only draw a reaction from us by bashing what we do should die a slow death.
I saw one such idiot at 88.5countach youtube channel who insisted on belittling my build by calling me stupid for building what I could buy.  He obviously didn't get it or just wanted to raise our ire.  We all know why we do this and it is not because we just want to buy  Lamborghini.  We are driven to make a statement by our accomplishment.  And it can be fun.
So guys, be proud of what you do and let people see it in all stages as you build.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 07:12:58 PM »
Was really good having the in process builds their you can really see many people peering into Adrian's and COOP's cars figuring out, can I do this....

Hopefully People can really see that building one of these cars is no joke! and that this is not a car that you can just take a bug chassis and engine and slap a body on it and roll! Our cars are not kit cars from the 70's Nor are they kits at all!

88.5countach

« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
Was really good having the in process builds their you can really see many people peering into Adrian's and COOP's cars figuring out, can I do this....

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:05 AM »
AGREED Jim

That is why I have brought mine unfinished, besides it makes me get a lot of stuff done so that I can show some progress

LOL

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »
Since I brought my chassis to the Carlisle Show in 2013, I realized that we NEED unfinished Lambos at this show.  People just don't realize the work and dedication that goes into our replicas.  You cannot imagine the questions asked by a huge number of viewers.  So next year let's continue and build our attendance at this event before it disappears.

01 Jim

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:02:18 AM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2017, 03:19:14 AM »
Wow
I have newfound awe and respect for the builders of these beautiful cars. I bought my kit already built and it's pretty from afar but has nothing like the attention to detail in these cars

My hats off to all of you - and RT your car is simply unreal

88.5countach

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2017, 07:37:16 AM »
Video of RT's interview is up.  Thanks for the interview enjoyed it! https://youtu.be/s3TWlxlfxLk

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

88.5countach

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »
88.5countach (Todd) has more videos up for viewing at his blog site (whatever that is) ::scratch ::scratch ::zzzzz ::zzzzz  Thanks, Todd.

https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/

01 Jim

Your welcome, the blog just has some more pics and quicky things I may share.