Author Topic: I'm new!  (Read 1978 times)

lambobuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 208
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
Re: I'm new!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 07:06:37 AM »

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 08:12:24 PM »
D7, I am not trying to correct you, and I am not saying it was stupid, but in an effort to help, I will say that you have just made the first classic rookie mistake. A skilled mechanic is helpful, but the project is doomed without a skilled fabricator. There is a world of difference between the two.

D7

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »
Also, I am aware this is no easy thing, it can take a lot of money but mostly time. If I end up choosing this, I will have about 3 people working with me, one being a skilled mechanic, and the other being family. It can take several thousand hours, right? If I say anuthing stupid over the time please correct me.

D7

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »
I agree with both of you, I just wanted, well functional windows, now that I think about it though, it would be a stupid thing to do, ruin all the accuracy on the rest of the car.
So if I get their kit, to keep it accurate, (as I want to do) that smaller window would be the way to go. The newer diablos had the fully functioning window I believe, am I right? But this kit is based on the older one. Anyway, I'm glad to be here amongst more people that know what they're doing.  ::LAMBO2
Welcome to the Forum as well. That Diablo body is accurate enough, especially since it is your only option for a new one. Bob at B&B is a good guy. I am with 01 on the windows though. Why worry about the accuracy of the body when the windows are completely wrong? I am not against it, it is your car and you should do what you want, just curious. I have all of the Countach window frame and track to do it that way.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 12:57:42 PM »
Welcome to the Forum as well. That Diablo body is accurate enough, especially since it is your only option for a new one. Bob at B&B is a good guy. I am with 01 on the windows though. Why worry about the accuracy of the body when the windows are completely wrong? I am not against it, it is your car and you should do what you want, just curious. I have all of the Countach window frame and track to do it that way.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
Welcome to the replica forum.  What is your skill level in welding, mechanical, electrical, innovational, body work, and paint?  The B&B is not accurate because it was made after the AUDI suit.  If you live where there are not many Lamborghinis, no one will know if it's real or not at 70 mph.  The B&B does NOT come with windows.  It comes with window trim.  $15-25 with a Fiero & body kit.  Why would you want Countach door windows in a Diablo?  If you want an accurate build, buy a unfinished kit as there is lots of them out there and chances are good that it will be an accurate body and a lot of the headaches will be eliminated (if the previous owner knew what he was doing).  Age? Married?  The road will be a rough one.  Just ask around.  Check out the build diaries.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:27:35 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

D7

I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »
Hello fellow enthusiasts! I am a newbie, with some questions. If anything I say sounds idiotic, forgive me, as I don't know much. I want to build a replica, preferably a Lamborghini Diablo. My first question is, do you think the kit company http://www.bandbcustoms.com/Purchase.html makes are good kits? To the builders, do they look relatively accurate? Do they look like they need a lot? I know it will need windows, lights (I believe I can use the Nissan headlights as Lamborghini used) many things like that. And this brings me to the other question, As you may see in the photos, the windows are a joke, is there a way this can be changed? I want at least the countach split windows, if not a fully functioning window. And another question to the builders, the answer to this may be rough, but do you know an average it would cost after the Fiero, Chassis, and the Body has been purchased? Thank you all, Cheers! http://lamboclone.com/Smileys/default/beers.gif