The Forum > Lessons Learned - Advice to Newbies

Warning

(1/4) > >>

ncrazyballa:
That's a picture of the first body I ever made. It was very thin.  ::duh

eddie:
where was this deal 8 years ago? why I did not  wait. I spend good 50 Ginos and  only 75% done. hmm ::scratch

Simple Man:

--- Quote from: 76mx on April 22, 2017, 11:01:02 AM ---"Typically we have used LS engines on our builds however at times when sourcing isn't available we use an 88 Fiero 2.8L (V6) engine".

Good thing for them that there is still a good steady supply of 88 V6 Fieros, those darn LS engines are getting harder and harder to find.

--- End quote ---

"For sale Rare 88 Fiero!! Great opportunity!! Early enough in the build process to add your personal touches!! V12, LS, or 3800sc. Wide track suspension and so on....  Extra 1987 fiero parts included!! Clean title!!   :LL:

SchulzeA:
Neither the Diablo or Murcielago use a flat plane crank. Just FYI  ::thumbup

There are several YouTube videos of Mercedes V12 engines with equal length headers. They sound wonderful but I suspect the audio has been replaced with the sound of an formula car. Granted the Mercedes would actually sound like a  ::LAMBO2, it would be wonderful for our world of replicas!

76mx:

--- Quote from: Mikeify on April 28, 2017, 07:13:14 PM ---Why is it important to use LS engines? why not any other. and also is it possible to replace the exsiting engine with a better one when needed? I am a surgeon and and willing to send aroung 60-70K for a nice replice WITH the engine sounds

--- End quote ---
Mikeify, it is not important to use an LS engine, I personally recommend against it. I just thought it comical that they were clueless enough to say that an '88 Fiero was plentiful where the most common engine on the planet was scarce. A few more dollars and I could be interested in your build, but realize something when you say "With the engine sounds". A cross journal linked American V8 will never sound like a flat plane V12. The easiest way to do that is with a BMW V12 and the easiest way is not easy. Add $10,000 to the build and subtract 200 horsepower. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version