How To - Tips > Doors

Countach window frames

<< < (2/4) > >>

76mx:
By the way, I have commissioned Countach style Phone Dial wheels custom cut for this project. I have them in all sizes up to 20" x12". Depending on size, a set is about $2,000. 

76mx:
The channel is 20ga Stainless with an I.D. of 1/2"x1/2". This fits the common felt sticks available now. I thought that I still had some of those grilles but remember now where the last ones went. This is a Chupacabra. The aluminum composite monocoque chassis is done and we hope to send the final 3-D body modeling to Peterbuilt for plug cutting and mold making by the end of this month. 

Aardvark:
Hi Charley,

Thanks for replying. What does this channeling look like, any chance for a picture? 2 things working against me, I live in Canada where the Canadian to U.S. dollar cost me 35% exchange and hellish freight costs. I would be interested in seeing what it looks like so I can see if I can source in Canada at one of our stainless suppliers I deal with here.
For the grilles, any way to measure so I can see if a potential fit possible? Any pictures?

A Chupacabra, what is that?

--- Quote from: 76mx on May 15, 2017, 01:53:08 PM ---Aardvark,
   I still have some Countach stuff but have not replaced inventory as it sells because I have been concentrating my efforts on the Chupacabra. I think I still have a set or two of those grilles but you have the same window problem. The ones I have fit my Countach molds, not the other 35. Eight sticks of Stainless, and four sticks of felt, 32 linear feet of both, is $400 and should be enough to do both sides.

Charley

--- End quote ---

76mx:
Aardvark,
   I still have some Countach stuff but have not replaced inventory as it sells because I have been concentrating my efforts on the Chupacabra. I think I still have a set or two of those grilles but you have the same window problem. The ones I have fit my Countach molds, not the other 35. Eight sticks of Stainless, and four sticks of felt, 32 linear feet of both, is $400 and should be enough to do both sides.

Charley

Aardvark:
Hello Charley,

Thanks for your reply and knowledge. I have been reading a lot about it and am beginning to realize what you have said. I really want to put power windows in so it looks as authentic as possible, hence my searching and asking.
I would be interested in that channeling if you don't mind giving up enough to do both sides.

I look forward to further discussions with you, your experience and knowledge is appreciated. Do you make countach parts and sell?
Do you know of grills available for the side intakes on the body behind the doors?

Thanks,
Serge

--- Quote from: 76mx on May 14, 2017, 11:14:40 PM ---Aardvark,
    Let me send you some love but don't shoot the messenger. Countach stuff is my specialty but here is the problem. I have documented 36 different window sizes for 36 different kit manufacturers, there is probably more, this is what I know of. And just like Lambo, the left side does not match the right side, so there are at least 72 different window frames. I have four foot sticks of Stainless Steel channel that is very close to OEM dimensions and fits currently available window felts, but you are on your own from there.

Charley

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version