Author Topic: Countach window frames  (Read 6022 times)

Aardvark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Countach window frames
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »
Got it, now I know what you mean!  Thanks Charley.

Keep us posted on your car's progress, love to see it someday.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 07:54:48 PM »
The channel just looks like a piece of channel, but you are not going to find it by looking. You will need to have it formed with a press break.

Aardvark

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
Don't mind you high-jacking the thread at all. That's a very cool car your producing Charley, congrats on your effort and all the best of success with the project.
Continue to feed updates and pictures, would love to see how it progresses and it good advertising for you.

Any chance you can take a picture of the channeling so I know what I am looking for up here?

76mx

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
The body kit which is the fiberglass, windshield and other glass, and the taillight lens is $9,000. The bare chassis is $9,000. Turnkeys start at $80,000 and I have deposits for 16 right now. Not to hijack your thread, but since you asked, here are some current teasers from the 3-D modeling.

Aardvark

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »
Very sharp looking car Charley,

Very Lambo like, with a hint of Gallardo. Your doing this as a kit or turn key?

76mx

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »
By the way, I have commissioned Countach style Phone Dial wheels custom cut for this project. I have them in all sizes up to 20" x12". Depending on size, a set is about $2,000. 

76mx

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
The channel is 20ga Stainless with an I.D. of 1/2"x1/2". This fits the common felt sticks available now. I thought that I still had some of those grilles but remember now where the last ones went. This is a Chupacabra. The aluminum composite monocoque chassis is done and we hope to send the final 3-D body modeling to Peterbuilt for plug cutting and mold making by the end of this month. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:45:19 PM by 76mx »

Aardvark

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 02:03:06 PM »
Hi Charley,

Thanks for replying. What does this channeling look like, any chance for a picture? 2 things working against me, I live in Canada where the Canadian to U.S. dollar cost me 35% exchange and hellish freight costs. I would be interested in seeing what it looks like so I can see if I can source in Canada at one of our stainless suppliers I deal with here.
For the grilles, any way to measure so I can see if a potential fit possible? Any pictures?

A Chupacabra, what is that?

Aardvark,
   I still have some Countach stuff but have not replaced inventory as it sells because I have been concentrating my efforts on the Chupacabra. I think I still have a set or two of those grilles but you have the same window problem. The ones I have fit my Countach molds, not the other 35. Eight sticks of Stainless, and four sticks of felt, 32 linear feet of both, is $400 and should be enough to do both sides.

Charley

76mx

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »
Aardvark,
   I still have some Countach stuff but have not replaced inventory as it sells because I have been concentrating my efforts on the Chupacabra. I think I still have a set or two of those grilles but you have the same window problem. The ones I have fit my Countach molds, not the other 35. Eight sticks of Stainless, and four sticks of felt, 32 linear feet of both, is $400 and should be enough to do both sides.

Charley

Aardvark

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 10:01:25 AM »
Hello Charley,

Thanks for your reply and knowledge. I have been reading a lot about it and am beginning to realize what you have said. I really want to put power windows in so it looks as authentic as possible, hence my searching and asking.
I would be interested in that channeling if you don't mind giving up enough to do both sides.

I look forward to further discussions with you, your experience and knowledge is appreciated. Do you make countach parts and sell?
Do you know of grills available for the side intakes on the body behind the doors?

Thanks,
Serge

Aardvark,
    Let me send you some love but don't shoot the messenger. Countach stuff is my specialty but here is the problem. I have documented 36 different window sizes for 36 different kit manufacturers, there is probably more, this is what I know of. And just like Lambo, the left side does not match the right side, so there are at least 72 different window frames. I have four foot sticks of Stainless Steel channel that is very close to OEM dimensions and fits currently available window felts, but you are on your own from there.

Charley

76mx

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 11:14:40 PM »
Aardvark,
    Let me send you some love but don't shoot the messenger. Countach stuff is my specialty but here is the problem. I have documented 36 different window sizes for 36 different kit manufacturers, there is probably more, this is what I know of. And just like Lambo, the left side does not match the right side, so there are at least 72 different window frames. I have four foot sticks of Stainless Steel channel that is very close to OEM dimensions and fits currently available window felts, but you are on your own from there.

Charley 

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »
It would really help knowing which Countach kit you have. There were several different manufactures and each varies in dimension from the others, meaning that as far as the windows go its very unlikely you will find a single frame that fits every model.

Neils88

• Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »
Seeing people looking but I'm not feeling any love as a newby.

I'm happy to send you love...but can't help you with Countach pieces.

Have you tried Eurospares.com?  Best source for new and used parts.  No clue if they'll have anything useful for you, but worth checking it out.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »
Aardvark...
That is a really nice Countach you have.
Not all viewers are Countach people so don't think anyone is ignoring you.
Does any part of your side window retract now?  If so what is the track like?  Why is your track not good enough to have the window work powered or not?
I do not know of many Countach builds let alone those with power windows.  The window only moves a short distance, do you really want to go through all the work to make it powered?
Whatever you do, I wish you the best.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

Aardvark

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:17:16 PM »
Seeing people looking but I'm not feeling any love as a newby.