How To - Tips > Interior

Seat belt mounting on Fiero Firewall

(1/3) > >>

01Lambiero:
A "u-pull it" seat should be a better quality belt than one that came over on a boat.  Remember that to look oem you will be reversing the belt so that the shoulder belt comes down over your right shoulder thus the retractor is mounted above the console area.  If the retractor has a pendulum latch and it is mounted rotated 90 degrees from it's oem position, it probably won't operate as designed.  It's easy to tell if it is a belt movement lock by yanking on the belt.  This style should work in various positions.
Safety is up to you.  Some builders think that a window regulator is a crash bar.
Red Green: "I'm lookin' out for you guys.  Keep your stick on the ice".   ::wave

lambo_sam:
If anyone is concerned about DOT approved belts just get them from a Nissan pulsar from the wreckers, I was more concerned with the identical appearance and cheap cost than DOT approval
lol like MM say's are cars really aren't dot approved anyways, Sure! some parts we use are DOT but we're not doing any crash test.

★Murci-Me★:

--- Quote from: Ccemn1 on September 23, 2017, 05:49:15 PM ---You guys are the greatest. Don't know what I'd do without this site & you guys?!
I bought a new set of universal 3 points from eBay. I'm guessing same would hold true for them also?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-3-POINT-RETRACTABLE-AUTO-CAR-SEAT-BELT-LAP-SHOULDER-ADJUSTABLE-U-S/112509006778?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I'll probably be bothering you with a million more questions about this car, and again, can't thank you guys enough!

--- End quote ---

Those are the same I used on my build, they work great. They may not be DOT approved, but then again neither is the rest of my car lol!

Ccemn1:
I actually put more miles on two wheels, than I do four. I know what you're talking about, and though there is no helmet law in FL, I don't get on either of my Ducatis, without a Snell approved carbon helmet. I don't worry much about dying and prefer to focus more on the living.
I won't be racing this Lambo Clone, and see a four point harness (Which it has now), as far more an inconvenience and discomfort than any safety measure. Especially considering I live on an island where the speed limit doesn't go above 45 MPH.

CCIE:

--- Quote from: Ccemn1 on September 24, 2017, 08:03:50 AM ---I'm 67 years old. Used to race, pretty successfully I might add. I'm far more concerned about being "Legal" and avoiding police and tickets than I am any safety issues.
After all, half of my life I was driving cars that didn't even have seat belts.

--- End quote ---

Times have changed!!!!
Cars are faster and people are more stupider. Safety should always be top priority specially driving these cars!!!
Its not you its all the other people trying to get closer look and taker pic sprinkled in with kids with there so called supped up  Honda wanting to race and show off!!!
Your Health is far more valuable then a lousy ticket

CCIE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version