How To - Tips > Interior

Seat belt mounting on Fiero Firewall

<< < (3/3)

Ccemn1:
Yes, I'd love to see some Photos too, as I plan on trashing the 4 point belts that are on the car now, and going with a 3 point set up.
The biggest problem seems to be where I can mount the large, bulky retractors.

Simple Man:

--- Quote from: Neils88 on July 08, 2017, 04:44:57 PM ---You are essentially correct in how you are installing them.  But the most important step is to ensure that you install structural bracing for your brackets (best on the engine side of the firewall).  The sheet metal of the firewall is not sufficient support.  That may have been what you were implying...but just wanted to be sure on that.

--- End quote ---

Yes pretty flimsy!!

Neils88:
You are essentially correct in how you are installing them.  But the most important step is to ensure that you install structural bracing for your brackets (best on the engine side of the firewall).  The sheet metal of the firewall is not sufficient support.  That may have been what you were implying...but just wanted to be sure on that.

Simple Man:
Does anybody have a picture of how they mounted the seat belt adjusters to the firewall above the arm rest / center console?  I was going to use some metal brackets and weld them into place, and the adjusters would bolt to them.

Thought I would see what everyone else did.

Thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version