« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 11:21:09 PM »
Quite welcome

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: DRL
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 09:38:32 PM »
76m thanks I have custom made harness done  by Jim D , using alfa column ,stalks and ing switch. it operates as all Euro switches . so Ill have to look in to , maybe I'll have separate switch for.BTW I have LED bulbs in H3 fogs so it should not draw so much , I'll have to ask Jim . he's only 25 min from my hood.
 thanks again

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 05:44:32 PM »
Eddie, for some time it has amused and slightly annoyed me that aftermarket wiring harnesses make no provision for running lights, but in their defense, there are several other ignition hot items like that that are now pretty common. Depending on your harness, there will be two ignition hot terminals. One is hot all the time, even during cranking, and is used for fuel pumps and other systems that need to be on during cranking. The other one is only hot after cranking, make sure to wire it there so your lights are not burning while cranking. The power wire to the key is pretty substantial and you could go to the lights without a relay but would still need a fuse. Since there is usually several other ignition hot items needing power with no fuseblock provision, I let that ignition hot wire work a relay then the relay sends power by a 12GA from the main fuseblock feed to a separate fuseblock. It saves a bunch of individual relays, works great for things like interior accent lights.   

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »
wire it through a relay with power in the run position of the ignition. 

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
DRL
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 03:11:14 PM »
doing wiring on my front lights and on those round fogs I  want to use as DRL. I guess no need for module ,just hook up to ing on fuse and relay ?