How To - Tips > Steering / Suspension

Need Help!

(1/5) > >>

Ccemn1:
Thanks again guys.
The whole new half shaft was only $69.
In the past on Nissans and Toyotas I found it a lot easier to just swap out half shafts and rebuild or replace CV joints.
It looks like I'm going to have no choice but to swap out the CV joints now if I can't exchange this axle for the correct one.
It was only $39 for the Hub and bearings. I can't believe how cheap this stuff is.
Thanks again guys.

★Murci-Me★:

Why do you need a new axel shaft, are the old ones cracked or broken? Normally people just replace the CV joint, either on the hub or gearbox (or both). Theres no need to replace the actual axel shaft unless it is damaged somehow.

AdrianBurton:
the bump mod has nothing to do with the bearings, it was just a change to the lower control arm.  Having said that, you should have stock fiero components

Ccemn1:
Thank you so much guys!
Another question. The driver side (Same side) rear wheel bearings appear to be shot. A lot of slop and making noise.
In the course of looking for rear wheel bearings, I found the whole hub assembly, brand new, for only $39., so I bought it.
Is there a difference between the Anti-Bump Steer hub and OEM?
If so, I guess I could disassemble that and replace the bearings?
Sorry I'm so ignorant of these things, but I've only wrenched motorcycles most of my life.

Simple Man:

--- Quote from: 01Lambiero on November 16, 2017, 08:23:30 PM ---Take out the shaft assembly.  Take pictures.  Take measurements and talk to:
Arraut Motorsports.  info@arrautmotorsports.com  (616) 893-1433
                                   OR
You can take your "new" Fiero axle shaft to your favorite GM mechanic and have him remove the "long" center shaft out of your "old" axle and replace the "short" shaft in your "new" axle providing that they are the same diameter and spline count.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=front+wheel+drive+axle+shaft+rebuild&qpvt=front+wheel+drive+axle+shaft+rebuild&view=detail&mid=D57BAE123E71050FEBF0D57BAE123E71050FEBF0&&FORM=VDRVRV

--- End quote ---

If we are talking axles ....I was told about 8 weeks ago that they (arruat) out sources their axle work. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version