How To - Tips > Glass

Side windows and windshield for Reventon

(1/7) > >>

76mx:
Here are two thoughts that might be a direction. 01 mentions in Post #25 about Proglass and Lexan. Five Star Racecar Bodies will engineer and make molded Lexan windows a few at a time, no large production run. Talk to Phil, 262-877-2171. Also, here is a Maurauder window from Pilkington. This is the car very similar to a Countach and the one that is frequently confused as Pilkington's Countach door glass. It has a nice shape and curvature, and is readily available. 

eddie:
well its hard to see per picture, but that's what google showed as 01 LXI coupe . but I had few months ago in shop 07 Scion I took pictures and measure but it did not have the 8 shape as Diablo, so 
after that I delete all hmm.

99svmonterey:
Hi Eddie,
The Sebring glass I mentioned as a possibility is from the 2001-2005 Sebring coupe only.  It is a different shape than the picture you posted. That looks like 2001- 2006 Sebring sedan front glass which as you mentioned wouldn't work. Hard to tell how different the curvature towards the front would be from lambo glass by pictures alone obviously. Probably closer to the Gallardo shape . It is one of the few coupe glasses I have seen that is vertical on the rear and not sloped back like most coupes like a honda civic for example which has a steep windshield rake like a lambo.

Here is a link to the glass I thought may be an option on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-04-05-SEBRING-R-FRONT-DOOR-GLASS-CPE-394140/182605728921?fits=Model%3ASebring&hash=item2a84264c99:g:7hgAAOSwJH1ZM5tG&vxp=mtr

eddie:
I don't think the Sebring glass would be good to use as

99svmonterey:
 In looking for glass options for a custom build with possible Murci/ Gallardo inspired body style the 2 best options I came across were the Scion TC and 2001 Sebring LXI coupe. I never had the opportunity to measure either car but shape wise they are similar and definitely look like something worth investigating. Could be an option with modification.
It worked for the Locus Plethore supercar. Look at a side view of it and a 2000-2006 Toyota Celica. Same door and quarter glass it appears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version