Author Topic: Cheap A/C heat vent's  (Read 10657 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Cheap A/C heat vent's
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
Well if they fit my reventon build count me in for one set.

Yes, it looks like they will fit the Reventon ::thumbup (see pic below). It looks like they fit the Gallardo as well (those dashes have 5 vents). The price is $90 for a set of 4 because I can combine shipping.

Based on initial positive reaction, it looks like this is going to happen so I will open an official thread in the Parts for Sale section. Not sure if this should go in the OEM or replica for sale section though. It is the OEM manufacturer but it wasn't sold by Lamborghini. I think I'll put it under Replica even though it is the exact same part.

My plan is to make this group buy exclusive to lamboclone members but I may have to go to other forums if we don't have enough people here interested.

So it looks like we have 28 vents spoken for and only 22 left!

Mike

Edit: On second thought, these *ARE* being manufactured by the Original Equipment Manufacturer so I will list these as OEM.

Here is the official sale thread: http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=1020.msg9362;topicseen#msg9362
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:35:54 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

pslim337

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »
im in 4 to sets 8 total  ::wave

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
If we get enough people together i'll be in for a set also  ::beers

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
I'm in for 2 sets (8 vents total)  ::thumbup

You're the man  ::salute
Pedro

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 02:12:03 PM »
50 vents makes 12 sets of 4.
 With 2 extra leftover

So he only needs 11 cars besides his to buy a set of 4
Well if they fit my reventon build count me in for one set.

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »
50 vents makes 12 sets of 4.
 With 2 extra leftover

So he only needs 11 cars besides his to buy a set of 4

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
are these vents as well for reventon??
if they are i will want some. U say its $25 US DOLLARS a vent rigth?

BigPines

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »
Sorry if I was unclear. The minimum order is 50 vents (as opposed to sets). So I need 4 and you need 4 right? That leaves 42 available. Like I said, I won't mind if I have a couple left over for spares but I don't need this many extra. :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:48:03 PM by BigPines »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 12:42:26 PM »
So if the first four sets are spoken for, I'll commit for a set and only 45 more to go.  I've seen these "commitment deals" go bad and the organizer get seriously burnt so please make sure you collect a large deposit from everyone once everyone has committed to all 50 sets and before you place an order.  Even those with the best intentions change their minds once money is involved and it could be another 4 - 6 months before everything has been organized and a order placed then delivered.

Thanks,

Chris

BigPines

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »
OK guys, I have some good news. I have confirmed with Euramtec they *CAN* get the OEM spec chrome ring vents! The model number is S-63832.  ::headbang

The bad news is we have to order 50 in order to get them and we'd have to pay the entire order up-front. It would take 4-5 weeks for delivery from Italy. So if there is enough interest in them, I'd like to do this. The details:

- OEM Spec
 - "Soft Touch" black finish
 - Bright chrome outer ring
 - Tighter tolerances than the regular vents for smooth operation

I am still confirming a couple of things but it looks like I could get them to you for $25 each including shipping or $90 including shipping for a set of four. I would have to ask for money in advance because I have to pay Euramtec in advance and I don't want to get stuck with a $1,000 order of vents I can't easily unload.

Heck, at that price even if you have already purchased vents, you may want some extras in case they break or wear out. I think I'll get some extras myself - I just don't need 46 extra ;).

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:56:47 AM by BigPines »

BigPines

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »
I contacted Euramtech by e-mail inquiring specifically about part P.388 63832 and received this response: "From what I understand that vent is sold exclusively to Lamborghini, I'm unsure if we'd be able to get it."

They suggested an alternative part that wasn't close enough to the original. I responded by asking them to look into getting P.388 63832 anyway. I said if they couldn't get that part, I would be interested in P.388 65032 which appears to be the exact same part but with a black outer ring and should be available.

I will report back here on price and availability.

BigPines

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
Unfortunately, Prevost was a dead-end. I called the California number and was transferred to their parts desk in Illinois? The person I spoke with could not find any parts numbers I had. He said they only stocked parts that came on their motorhome vehicles. Still waiting to hear back on my e-mail to Prima Industries. I'll check with Euramtech next.

SchulzeA, what is the status of the chrome rings you were working on? Is this still going to happen?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:52:09 AM by BigPines »

BigPines

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 10:23:27 AM »
Wow, thank you String! I don't know your back-story but you seem to be an expert on OEM parts. You also seem to have access to a real Murcielago - is that right?

Based on the parts listed on that sheet, it sounds like we really need either:

part # 63832 with a mounting thickness of 10mm
part # 63842 with a mounting thickness of 2mm

Both are painted soft touch with bright silver rings.

From your pictures, it is hard to tell the mounting thickness we need because that area is obscured by the silver ring. It looks too big to be 2mm and too small to be 10mm. I am guessing 10mm. Can you tell which we actually need?

Unfortunately, these parts are marked as unavailable in the catalog. The closest part they have available is 65032 which doesn't have the soft touch black vents, has a black ring and has a mounting thickness of 10mm. Of course, even these say they must be purchased in quantity of 50.

Mike

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »
OK, those aren't the ones I am talking about then. I am talking about part P.388 which is shown in the Prima catalog http://www.primaindustries.it/en/products/air-diffusion-systems/p388 properly shaped with chrome trim and appear to actually be identical to the OEM Murcielago LP640 air diffuser/dash vent (see below).

I still can't figure out the exact part because I don't know what the "S" column means or what the "painted soft touch" finish is.

Edit: It looks like they are saying they don't have any stock with the silver ring so we would be forced to get 65032 which has a black ring. Maybe we could add a dress ring later? It looks like these come in 50 packs. We probably couldn't even get 10 guys interested could we?

Hi, for the 'S' column you need to reference P.47 , the 'spessore'  is shown as the thickness of material it plugs into - they even show how to safely operate the vent.... ::tongue and I have attached a couple of pics of my vents which hopefully show the 'soft touch' finish which is like a velvety soft thin rubber coating , best description I can do at the moment.
I just got these recently with the connection fittings that fit on the back and and the AC cover panel - which for the price does indeed come leather covered.
Cheers
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:11:01 AM by String »
Oooh , Red leather.

BigPines

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »
I'll get all the details and report back. I sure would like to have some of these myself. Too bad they won't sell the ones with silver outer rings. I'll ask anyway just in case.