The Forum > Events & Shows

2018 Carlisle - Who's going?

<< < (2/12) > >>

sisqocracker:
I was able to get my money back on my room, so I'm out.  I was thinking, even if it doesn't rain on the day of, it may be muddy as hell from all the rain before then.  Sorry guys.  I was so looking forward to going, but once I knew I wasn't going to be in paint, I was already suspecting it wouldn't happen for me.  But now that this rain is coming to stay for a while, I'm not going to make it.  Plus work just dumped more crap on me, so I'm going to stay home and work through that mess instead of going out, so it is actually now helping for me not to go.  I hate that.  Would much rather enjoy the day with everyone, but it doesn't seem to be in the stars for me this year.

If this thing gets back to me in a reasonable amount of time, maybe next year I'll drive it there on fumes! instead of hauling it there on a trailer.  Hey, I gotta up the ante if I'm skipping a year, right?  ;-)

Thanks,
Coop

RT:
I pre-bought my "Gate and Go" pass so I expect to go BUT the weather forecast (right now) doesn't look good.  I'm going to keep an eye on it and see what it looks like for Saturday, the only day I was going to be there.
I hate to lose the money spent for car, truck, and trailer, but if it is going to be a rainout, I would also lose the turnpike tolls and gas and time to make the trip.
Over the last many years I only canceled my trip once because of rain.
Carlisle is a funny place when it comes to weather.  It can be hot or cold, windy or still, dry or wet.  You never know.  That is for the same date in May.

RT

Posey:
The weather is a worry of mine too......  I have no glass in and its not running.....  But as of 10 minutes my plan is to try and make it.......  SO what is the count? 

sisqocracker:
Understand. I was just having this conversation with some guys. Weather is going to suck. I'm going to check if I can get my money back on the room. It may be what decides me going as well.

Thanks,
Coop

01Lambiero:
It is with regret that my wife and I will not be attending the show this year.  I just hate looking at the weather forecast for Carlisle every year.  How I wish that they would schedule it in the middle of June or so.  It costs me over 1K to bring my car to a show and last year was very hard on my wife and I.  So as we get older, we have to make hard decisions.  Maybe another year will be sunny and maybe my car will show up in color and shiny.  Sorry, guys. :'( :'( :'(

01 Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version