Author Topic: 3D printed Aventador  (Read 42776 times)

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
Re: 3D printed Aventador
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2018, 12:43:39 PM »
Awesome guys thanks for the info, anywhere in particular that I should buy it from?

I bought mine from bangood and it showed up within a week.
https://m.banggood.com/Creality-3D-CR-10S-DIY-3D-Printer-Kit-300300400mm-Printing-Size-With-Z-axis-Dual-Screw-Rod-Motor-p-1192297.html?rmmds=search

It looks like gearbest has a better price atm but I've heard it can take a month to ship from them.
https://m.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_778981.html?wid=1433363&currency=USD&vip=14843317&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09e09ZrZ3QIVlFYNCh1fyAT6EAQYASABEgJJl_D_BwE

You can always get it directly from creality too.
https://www.creality3d.shop/collections/3d-printer/products/creality-cr-10s-diy-desktop-3d-printer-300x300x400mm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09e09ZrZ3QIVlFYNCh1fyAT6EAQYAyABEgJuIvD_BwE

Otherwise shop around but make sure it's a creality and not a knock off.

Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
My friend has 5 -  3d printers,  he uses them for parts,  for a product  he sells. 

He runs his 24 -7 !  But he is going to invest in some injection molds. 

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »
Awesome guys thanks for the info, anywhere in particular that I should buy it from?
Pedro

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »
I also have a CR-10 and love it, I've made a bunch of custom parts for myself and friends.  It takes some practice to get the slicer settings right and can be frustrating at times but worth it.  Also, you'll need to learn how to use Fusion 360 or an alternative if you want to make your own parts.  There are a lot of youtube videos about it so with time you can get good at it.  Anyway, get the CR-10S, it has a lot of upgrades that you'll want, I started with a base CR-10 and have upgraded it to an S model.

Footcutter

• Liked: 142
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 3D car printing
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
I saw some reviews on youtube of the CR-10 and it seems like a really good 3D printer.  I have been wanting to get one for quite some time but don't know much about them.  Is this something that you would recommend or some other model?
Pedro, I have 2 CR-10s.  For the money, they are the best on the market.  They are somewhat fiddly, but once you get used to it, they just pump out the parts. Make sure you get the filament runout sensor model, makes a big difference in failed prints.  There is also a large community of CR-10 users, and videos on tips and tricks.  Thingiverse.com has a large CR-10 upgrades you can print out.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2018, 09:39:08 AM »
I saw some reviews on youtube of the CR-10 and it seems like a really good 3D printer.  I have been wanting to get one for quite some time but don't know much about them.  Is this something that you would recommend or some other model?
Pedro

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »
Wow that is a lot of filament, hopefully you bought in bulk and got a deal.  What infill are you running, I imagine you don't need much with the carbon fiber? Great idea building the body that way, I'm going to have to look into working with carbon fiber.  I might attempt the same at some point.
10-20% infill, so the part does not get crushed when in the vacuum bag.  Sometimes if the interior volume is big enough, and the air can leak out, the part gets crushed.  I am on my third rear fascia, I have two others collecting dust, both LP style.  One has a warp I cannot fix, the other is pretty good will a few bubbles that can be fixed.  That one is for sale, but requires freight.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2018, 09:27:38 PM »
Wow that is a lot of filament, hopefully you bought in bulk and got a deal.  What infill are you running, I imagine you don't need much with the carbon fiber? Great idea building the body that way, I'm going to have to look into working with carbon fiber.  I might attempt the same at some point.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2018, 06:44:06 PM »
Is that a CR-10 that I see in the background? You sure are giving that thing a workout. What type of filament are you using? PETG?  Are you just gluing the peices together with epoxy? If I knew how to do carbon fiber I would follow your example and make a body too.
Sure is. It has been running nearly 24/7 since Feb.  I use PLA for the dimensional stability and cost (I am on my 200th kg).  After the carbon fiber is applied, the PLA no longer matters.  We have left a piece out in the hot Colorado sun for most of the summer to check for distortion, and got a positive result.  I use MMA epoxy which is not cheap ($25/50ml) but holds like a mother.  I am still learning on the carbon fiber, and now that I have done the most complex part, I am happy with the results.  Any issues that arise in the bagging process I have learned how to fix (bubbles, warps, etc..).

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2018, 03:09:57 PM »
Is that a CR-10 that I see in the background? You sure are giving that thing a workout. What type of filament are you using? PETG?  Are you just gluing the peices together with epoxy? If I knew how to do carbon fiber I would follow your example and make a body too.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »
Interior door structure.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
Fixed the crushed in sides, and I am starting to get the mounts for the finished parts.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2018, 05:45:58 PM »
Time to start building coats.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »
Your parts are looking good. I wish mine was going as fast as your project is going. Great job.
Thanks you sir!

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
Man you are doing these super complicated parts and they come out great.  I tried to do one the other day that is super simple and it came out horrible.  Even with the vacuum bag I still got places where the CF didn't lay down correctly in the edges.
Are you using 3M 77 spray adhesive?  Got any pictures of your bagging procedure? I have had a lot of failures, so I might be able to help.