Author Topic: 3D printed Aventador  (Read 42770 times)

Footcutter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 142
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 3D car printing
Re: 3D printed Aventador
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »
Sheet metal work.  It is a little piece meal, but I will weld it all together when I am done to make it look professional.

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2018, 02:14:16 PM »
I am very interested in your build. I own  diablo 6.0 that I bought from IFG. The only problem is each time I drive it, people laugh a me when they see my Fiero interior. I think your build looks great. I wish I had your talent. I was in no way trying to disrespect you as I cant even build myself. I was giving my opinion. This is a free site, you can not tell me what to say or think. can you? Are you unwilling to take critique?

Not everyone is trying to build an exact replica.  I consider my car a muscle car that resembles a lambo because I like the lambo body.  I would rather it be obvious that I built my car than have people think I just bought one.  That said, the fiero interior is hideous and should be replaced, I would probably laugh at you too.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »
I am very interested in your build. I own  diablo 6.0 that I bought from IFG. The only problem is each time I drive it, people laugh a me when they see my Fiero interior. I think your build looks great. I wish I had your talent. I was in no way trying to disrespect you as I cant even build myself. I was giving my opinion. This is a free site, you can not tell me what to say or think. can you? Are you unwilling to take critique?

Fair enough.  We like "constructive" criticism as builders.  You seem to come in with your comments basically giving the impression of "what you guys are doing is ridiculous."  So comment away, and enjoy the build, but keep the "spirit" of being constructive.

carlover69

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 01:17:32 PM »
I like the fake Aventador but the problem is you can never ever make it look like the real thing.  That is why I would prefer to buy an exotic style original car that people do not recognize. How can you look at someone with a straight face when you have fake butt interior and say : " how do you like my Lambo Aventador?"  It ain't happening. Go with a builder that has their own brand. It looks like there are a few out there like:

Chupakabra
Vaydor
Vex

I think you miss the point.  Also my project is a look-a-like, as it will not carry the Lambo badge.  If you do not care for my project, then don't watch it. :P

Did you read the sites tag line "LamboClone - The Premier Site for Lamborghini Replica Builders?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:31:28 PM by Footcutter »

carlover69

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2018, 11:56:41 AM »
I am in no way discouraging anyone. I have numerous posts with complements to everyone. This is called a forum where we are all free to comment. If you cant handle my opinions and comments, then maybe this is not the site for you. For your edification, you are correct, I am not a builder but a buyer with a distinct eye for detail. I would find it highly unlikely that any builder could replicate all of the details of a car that originally costs over $500,000. It can not be done. Have you seen the guages, seats, etc. inside an Aventador?

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2018, 11:39:22 AM »
I like the fake Aventador but the problem is you can never ever make it look like the real thing.  That is why I would prefer to buy an exotic style original car that people do not recognize. How can you look at someone with a straight face when you have fake butt interior and say : " how do you like my Lambo Aventador?"  It ain't happening. Go with a builder that has their own brand. It looks like there are a few out there like:

Chupakabra
Vaydor
Vex
Reading your other posts, it would appear that you have not built one of these yourself. There are exceptional builders on this forum who have replicated OEM cars look down to the smallest detail. Yes there are other cars coming on the market which will offer different looks. In my opinion, this forum is to support builders who love and enjoy building cars, not for discouraging their efforts.

carlover69

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »

Chupakabra
Vaydor
Vex

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »
Mounting and gaping skinned panels.  On to the passenger side.  Don't worry about the imperfections, all panels will get filler, and a final CF layer.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
Impressive. Great use of new technology and proven processes. Great job! ::thumbup
Thank you sir!

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »
Impressive. Great use of new technology and proven processes. Great job! ::thumbup

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
Driver quarter.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2018, 07:03:21 PM »
New dash.

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
I just use Cura, it's free and actually pretty good now days.  I would start with it and buy simplify 3d if you don't like it.  I haven't used Simplify 3d though, it may be worth buying it I just made Cura work so I never took the plunge.

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »
Awesome guys thanks for the info, anywhere in particular that I should buy it from?
nickmkk is correct.  The slicer is very important.  I use simplify 3D, about $150, and it has been invaluable.  Lots of automated settings, yet very powerful.  I use solidworks, but that is because I have a work license.