Author Topic: Oem style front hood/trunk question??  (Read 12302 times)

Jets303

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 148
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
Re: Oem style front hood/trunk question??
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
I see what you mean Chris. I built one kind of like the OEM one IKR but the tricky part is the "swing" angle isnt 90 degrees. It steps out then up (if that makes sense) and then needs to revert back to its original position. Ive been working with a mechanical engineer here at work and we may have drawn something out in solidworks that may work. I will keep this thread posted.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »

mounting steel bar 1"w  X 1/8"t  X 14" long    ....... the end toward the head light it kicks outward for a button head rivet or bolt from the inside with a strut mounting ball on that end for the support shock

triangle pad has a side support to each out side .....so angle iron should be used like 1" X 3" ....or so
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
The OEM Lambo hinges mount up on those little triangles on the upper corners of the panel.  John Watson showed me the two different styles (a early and later version).  The hinge will need to open really wide to accommodate the steep angle the hinges are mounted at.   

The first person that figures out an accurate donor part and posts the "How To" will win my admiration and respect.   ::toothy

Thanks,

Chris

Jets303

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Good stuff Mike thanks!

Murci-Me

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
hope this helps a little  :)

Jets303

Oem style front hood/trunk question??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:41 PM »
Does anyone have any good pictures of the oem hood/trunk hinges? I have been working on the underhood Bart sent me (badass by the way!) and need to get an idea of what those hinges look like. I've built two different sets and they are not working out. Thanks in advance