Author Topic: Looking to Join the 3% Club....Diablo Style  (Read 1951 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: Looking to Join the 3% Club....Diablo Style
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
Welcome Jeff.  Your chassis looks very good as to the procedure that the original owner was following.  Nice cuts and good materials.  The saddle mounts on the front of the cradle needs beefing up.  I would put 1/4" steel on both mounts.  Triple check all of the welding and check out some of the build diaries that can be found here on Lamboclone.  Questions can be answered here.  Have fun.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:58:35 AM »
The front end looks warped big time.

Pretty sure most bodies will look like that when just soft mounted..
and you have to pull parts of the body into position anyway, no matter what it looks like.
Looks good  ::thumbup
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:00:34 AM by Tallon »

DiabloRoadsterJC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »
You are very observant, but fortunately incorrect. Just kidding. The body is just temporarily sitting on the frame... and on the master cylinder that is what makes it look "warped"

FAmonmouth

• Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »
You sir have what appears to be a cory davis coupe body. Lots ofwork but can be completed

DiabloRoadsterJC

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
More Pix....

DiabloRoadsterJC

Looking to Join the 3% Club....Diablo Style
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »
My name is Jeff, and I'm in Dayton, OH (about an hour north of Cincinnati and an hour west of Columbus).
I am a long time Lambo fan. 25 or so years ago when I was in college in Jersey City, NJ I would drive over to Meadowlands Imports in Secaucus, NJ to check out any new Countachs that may have arrived.
Anyway, I have been considering a replica build for many years and was ready to take the plunge a few years back after going to the Carlisle show to check out D&R and NAERC, and was ready to buy from Ken at NAERC then all the wrath came down on everyone and I put it on the back burner.
Recently I decided to build again and was just talking to a guy about Lambos and he said he had a replica he wanted to sell. When I asked is it a Countach, Diablo, Merci he said he wasn't sure (he more or less got it from a relative) !! So I made an offer and he took it. Lets just say it was a "steal" !! The guy even delivered it to my house for me ! I got the Diablo VT Coupe body, (myself and another member seem to think its a CRP), inner and outer door skins, the majority of interior, a streched Fiero chassis (although most is only tack welded at this point), the fiero tranfer case with axles, and all the AGP glass.
The deal was WAY too good to pass up, but I actually want a ROADSTER, not the coupe. So I am open to trades if anyone is interested. I have spoken to a couple folks, but it didn't pan out. So my plan until I get another body is to finished the rear frame portion, get my engine and tranny (yet undetermined) installed and get it running. I have great access to technical help. My best friends brother (mechanic for all my other cars) is a master mechanic and head tech advisor currently with a local BMW/Audi/VW dealer, and my cousin is a well known car guy in these parts who has built a show cars, including a '33 Ford Roadster that is used by Dayton Wire Wheels in their ad campaigns. But I am a novice ! I am currently working on my masters/doctorate in welding and fiberglass work at YouTube University !!
I will attach a bunch of photos of what I have, and am looking forward to hearing from members with comments and suggestions. I will continue to post as things progress. Another member, CCIE, and I live only about an hour apart and have already chatted, so I am looking forward to hearing from others as well.