Author Topic: Exterior Door Handles  (Read 2302 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Exterior Door Handles
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
Yeah I've been wanting to fix that mostly so the batwing has that notch next to it, it really bothered me that it doesn't look like oem. I'm not so sure how to widen that shoulder though. If it has to be cut and pulled out on the inside then I'll probably forget it.

Jets303

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 148
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
Re: Exterior Door Handles
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
Hey Jb I too have those door handles from Lambochic, I had to rework a few things but overall they are pretty stout. I know Jim Dinner has made his Diablo doors run with an electric solenoid of some sorts. Im planning on keeping the mechanical aspect of it, that way if your battery dies for whatever reason, your not stuck.

The handle design is based off Murci-Me's original design and mimics the real deal very well. The problem is our G28 doors are much more narrow up top then the OEM ones.

jb1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Exterior Door Handles
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:14:11 AM »
I don't ever see much on exterior handles,  I bought  a set awhile back from Lambochic over on MadMech.....,  they are decent  but  have a lot  that could be improved upon especially for the price.. but  she was only one  with them at time.......  I will try and post up some pics  sometime.   The ones I bought  are mechanical  built for a cable , I am thinking about   making some that are  electric to activate an actuator.. I believe I had heard she had built them off of  a design  she got  from Merci Me.