How To - Tips > Electrical

Sunfire wiper motor

<< < (2/2)

Neils88:
Eddie,

If you only want one speed, then put +12v on the green, grey and yellow wires and ground the black. If you also put power to the purple wire it'll switch to the fast speed.

01Lambiero:
Hope this helps.  01

eddie:
thanks so much , still bit of cold here in Toronto , I'm  just hoping I can do that linkage this weekend,I may do just one speed since I have Alfa stalk but I have all wiring labeled . Thanks again

Neils88:
Eddie,

The black is ground and the yellow is +12v when ignition is on. The rest is a bit more complicated since the other 3 wires should connect to the control switch. It appears that purple is +12v when the wipers are on high speed. The grey is +12v for low speed, high speed or mist. If the pulse setting is used, the grey gets the +12v as well... but through a 270k resistor. The green is +12v when the wipers are on... but through a 24k resistor and a potentiometer to set the pulse timing. (I don't know the max resistance of the pot).

I hopes this helps a bit, but you'll likely have to play around with it

eddie:
gentleman please help me out, so I have the Sunfire/Cav 2000 wiper motor, can you tell me what is power etc,from left to right- black/wht,yellow,green ,grey, purple. electrical is not mine things , Jim D is busy I don't want to bother him. thanks  soooo much 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version