Author Topic: 84/87 fiero conversion to 5x120.6  (Read 3904 times)

jb1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: 84/87 fiero conversion to 5x120.6
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »
it only works on the 84-87,  88 has a total different suspension. really all this conversion does is change the lug pattern and adds larger wheel bearings.  As far as your axle issue goes  I believe you going to end up having to buy a custom axle,  I am interested in what you end up  finding  because  I  will eventually order the wiide track for HT as well...

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: 84/87 fiero conversion to 5x120.6
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
I might be interested in something like this however my Fiero is a 88. I am having trouble finding CV axles to fit my SC3800 swap. Would a kit like this make that issue any easier?

jb1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
84/87 fiero conversion to 5x120.6
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:14 AM »
I had 1 person from another forum ask about a set  after I sold  out of the  first  and  intended  only  run,   but I am working on the rears now  (mainly just trying find time to get done)   and wondered if anyone interested in complete set front and rear,  the rear uses a 91 transport  van  steering knuckle   machined to accept the  s10 4wd hub bearing  and  uses the outer  cv joint from the s10,  I  could offer  the  rings hubs  and steering knuckles  and let you source the other parts or I could  put together a complete kit,,,, the front  is $200  with all new bearings and seals , the rear is looking  near  $350-375  with    new  hub bearing and  cv joint,    both could be found cheaper  used..
 I am not really making  any money off these  by the time I pay someone else to do the machine work,  So I do not want to make  2-3 sets and set on them unless there is some interest,  I have to have 2 rear sets made   thought  I would check befor I order the  steering knuckles...   the  front hubs and steering knuckles themselves are used   but all bearings seals   cv joint  etc  is new..

the  inner bearing  stop has been machined  .125 deeper   to allow the  hub to fit  all the way  back on the spindle

the new seal ring has to be pressed  over the old seal surface

.032 spacer to take up the  difference of the  id of the outer bearing  and the  spindle.

everything assembled.