Author Topic: Practicality of V-12 engine cover?  (Read 2317 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: Practicality of V-12 engine cover?
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2022, 04:54:33 AM »
not for Fiero , hard to fit on

lambobuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 01:43:32 PM »
Try this email. I believe he still sells the engine covers. marcelo.marinelli@planyourlife.tech
Also his FB page https://www.facebook.com/marinelliscuderia

Ccemn1

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 07:41:33 AM »
You can occasionally find them on eBay.

hylnder777

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 01:01:41 AM »
Does anyone make the V-12 engine covers anymore?

Ccemn1

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 07:47:16 AM »
I know Ron's cars are as accurate a copy of a real Diablo Roadster as you can get.
When I drive my car, needless to say, it always gets a lot of attention and questions. This is the 7th replica car I have owned in the past 40 years. I currently have two, and this one is by far my favorite. I never try to fool anyone, telling them my cars are the real thing. I always describe them as replicas and go into the details, to give credit to these amazing crafters and builders who make them.
Because of this, my personal opinion is that I don't really need the V-12 cover. My car has a 3.8 Supercharged engine in it, which is more than potent enough for me. I've taken the original motor cover, painted & badged it, and I'm going to have the lexan window installed on the bonnet, which I just like the look of, and apparently many others do also, as evidenced by even the new mid-engine Corvette doing the same thing.
I also know that engine cooling is determined by engine design, Radiators and cooling system efficiency, but Lamborghini paid Engineers a lot of money to design the body and air intakes to help cool the engine compartment, and I feel putting a full cover over the engine kind of defeats that. It's like layering clothes in the winter.
In closing, I'd just like to mention that in the year and a half I have owned this car (Purchased in very poor condition as a result of a theft), Ron Dolling has been extremely helpful. I have purchased several items from him and he has been way more than generous with his time, giving me tips, clues and even sending me pictures and printed instructions. He will even call me back to find out if I was able to solve a problem.
As far as I'm concerned, Ron Rocks! 

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 11:01:27 PM »
ronlamborghini...
Of course you don't NEED a motorized engine cover.  I even said that.  But if you do put the cover on a hinge with a simple latch to secure it, all you have to do is release the latch and swing the cover open.  2 seconds!  And no loose parts to manhandle out of your engine bay.
I don't want to get into a bitching war with you or anybody.  This is a forum for builders.  ALL ideas are worth exchanging.  If you want to explain how you expect your engine cover to be used, just say so.  That does not make other ways "weird"  or needless.
Maybe for $1700 you should make yours supplied with a hinge.  (Just a suggestion.)

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

ronlamborghini

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 09:14:20 PM »
v12 kit

ronlamborghini

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 08:16:08 PM »
the v 12 cover kit to remove it to gain access to your motor takes 4 minutes, 2 screws hold down the center firing order cover, 2 more screws to hold the v12 plenum, 2 hoses pull them, off, 4 minutes , depending how fast you turn the screw driver, and thats it! you dont need motorizing or any weird things, just a phillips screwdriver...my kit like on the pics is now $1700  USD packaged and shipped to your door, inflation has caused my pricing to make parts gone up so i need to pass that nice pricing on, i have 1 kit now ready to go and its not advertised anywhere and i think thats it, for coupe or roadster,  thanks...

Ccemn1

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 08:27:54 AM »
If you are concerned about engine access with a V12 cover, check out my power-up cover.  I motorized the cover to lift for access to the engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub8u3PIRVc
The engine cover operation shows best starting at 12:30 in video.
If you decide to do that, I can provide advice.  BTW, you don't have to motorize, you can just hinge and use a gas strut or prop bar to hold cover open.
Absolutely beautiful car! Thank you.

RT

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 10:08:02 AM »
If you are concerned about engine access with a V12 cover, check out my power-up cover.  I motorized the cover to lift for access to the engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub8u3PIRVc
The engine cover operation shows best starting at 12:30 in video.
If you decide to do that, I can provide advice.  BTW, you don't have to motorize, you can just hinge and use a gas strut or prop bar to hold cover open.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

Ccemn1

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 07:28:24 AM »
heres your car with the engine cover on when i origanally built it
Ron, after discussing the sale of my home with Accountants, it sounds like I'm going to get nailed pretty hard with Capital Gains tax.
Along with the other way more than ample work I have for you to do on this car, it's going to cost me $7, or $8 grand, just to get the car to you & back, before I pay you for all the work you'll have to do.
I know it's a real sacrilege, but I think I'm going to go ghetto and have you do the Lexan engine cover with my own ginzo creation here.
And again, TONS of other work. Just trying to save a little money & not trying to convince anyone it's a real Lambo. I'll be talking to Justin today to make the shipping arrangements. I'll give you a call when things are ready to go. Probably early June, if that works for you?

ronlamborghini

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 02:23:34 AM »
heres your car with the engine cover on when i origanally built it

ronlamborghini

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:17:08 AM »
i have as many as you guys need of the v12 cover kit, if you like a set, contact me, thanks , Ron Lamborghini

Ccemn1

Practicality of V-12 engine cover?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 09:40:30 AM »
Was considering getting the Diablo Roadster V-12 engine cover.
Does anyone have one, who can tell me how easy, or difficult it is living with it?
How easily removable is it for oil dipstick, & adding oil, Coolant, etc.?