How To - Tips > Doors

universal lambo door kit

(1/2) > >>

ardillo lambo:
Neils,
Thanks for the pictures!!
It looks like for the aventador the arm needs to be shorten, maybe remove the flat bar and extended inside the door frame weld it.
The Reventon don't have that extream angle when opening, I think is around 5 degrees. I think I'll give it a try

Neils88:
As per a request, I'm posting a couple of pictures to show the dimensions of an ebay Lambo hinge for reference. I've also added a picture with it clamped approximately in the location it would have to sit. Note that it would have to be modified as it sits above the top of the door. What this doesn't show is the interference that would result once it sits at an angle (I.e. leaning out at 19° for the Aventador). The door frame interferes with the curved part of the hinge. Note, the thickness of the hinge at the bearing is about 2". I've seen others that are closer to 4" at the bearing.

Neils88:
No. I didn't use any part of the Lambo hinge kit. Everything was made by me

ardillo lambo:
Neil's,
I went to page 12 of your thread and I saw the door angles and all that...but I can't see a close up of the door hinges, you never used the hinges on that universal lambo door kit? I'm right?

Neils88:
There is a better picture on page 12 of my build diary. I had made some tweaks to get the angles correct.

I bought oem grills for all the major openings. But I am also using a nice generic metal hex mesh for some of the less conspicuous openings. I found that on ebay. Just cut the required piece from a large sheet of it then bend as required.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version