How To - Tips > Doors

universal lambo door kit

<< < (2/2)

ardillo lambo:
Neils,
Thanks for the info, I have to see how different or similar are the Reventon fenders vs murcies. Yeah I saw the two pivot point, and thats why I liked.... in my case I need the 2 pivot point to open vertical 1st and then a few degrees out, the other way around when closing.  I can restrict the horizontal motion for the few degrees I need. But what I'm worried about is the elbow part that might get in the way or really close to the tire. I guess I need to do a card board template out of internet images  to see how that looks in the fender.

BTW: After looking on your thread on pennocks....where did you found the front bumper mesh is that OEM or you source something and modified it???

lambobuilder:
Neils88 has provided me a lot of great ideas. The hinges are covered here and on the following page in his posts. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134807-4.html  and also on page 12

Neils88:
I bought one, but quickly discovered that physically the hinge is much larger than the fender. There is just no orientation that would allow it to be used. These hinges are designed for doors to move out, then up. Dual pivots. One could be eliminated... but I don't see any way to shrink them to a practical size.

I decided to use two bearing blocks (per side). These create a solid pivot point with no play. They are bolted to a plate welded to the frame at an angle, as high up into the fender as possible. Doors for the Aventador open at about 19°, hence the angle. You do need a very solid structure to eliminate (minimize) door play.

ardillo lambo:
Fellas,
After a few years busy with some other projects, finally I came back to work on my Reventon project. I was wondering if someone was able to use one of those universal lambo door kit available at ebay/amazon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version