Author Topic: starting out  (Read 540 times)

lambobuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
Re: starting out
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 09:08:44 AM »
Kyle, you will be money ahead to look at a completed chassis. I would recommend Charley Strickland's chassis as it is designed for different models of cars and can use off the shelf components. https://stricklandracinginc.com/
Also, the Dur-A-Flex body is a sculpted body and most OEM components like grills, dash etc will not fit without modifications. I started out with an NAERC chassis which has been extensively modified to fit the Aventador body. You can follow all the mods that I made at https://youtube.com/c/lambobuilder/
Good luck on your build

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 43
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 03:59:29 PM »
Hey Kyle,

Do you or your dad have a lot of mechanical abilities? If not, this might not be the right car to start with. There is a lot of work that goes into building one of these and almost nothing goes right the first time. There are a few of us building aventador replicas and we will all tell you that it will not be easy. Even the simplest things will take you weeks sometimes to figure out. I am not saying that it can not be done, as it can but most cars never get completed. The aventador or any lambo actually is not a bolt together car. You need to weld, cut, reweld and then figure out why it still is not working. I have been working on cars for over 40 years and building replicas for at least 20 of those years and I still get stumpted at times.

I am sure Dale will join in at some point as he is building a Duraflex car and he has a youtube channel about it. You might want to watch some of his videos to see just what is involved.

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 03:25:58 PM »
You might be able to find someone selling a project car with a chassis, most likely Fiero based.  You need to do your due diligence though, sadly the majority of these cars are not built properly and require a lot of rework.  Also this industry is full of scammers so be careful who you give your money to.  Honestly if you're not 100% confident in your abilities to engineer a car I would start with something already engineered.  Restore an old hotrod or similar and build your skillset before trying to build a car from scratch.

kylearmstead021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
starting out
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 11:09:24 PM »
hey guys kinda new to this.im 20 and I have about 20k ready to go right now and im ready to start my Aventador build but im worried about the chassis.do you guys think it would be easier to pay someone to build the chassis for me? I am also ordering the duraflex body but let me know if you guys have any advice.working on it with my dad