Author Topic: anyone looking for a nice diablo project in BC Canada  (Read 3006 times)

Lambo2005

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: anyone looking for a nice diablo project in BC Canada
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2023, 07:08:11 AM »
For anyone interested I have documented my progress on you tube. Its basically a slide show but if you have any questions about it feel free to comment there or here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Hm8ra7PmQ
Rob-Diablo D&R kit

richardk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2023, 11:51:00 AM »
i have checked out the very detailed build site lots of times now and it will be my guide and so cool that its out there. I got it as i am planning to retire this year so need a project to keep me busy. I will cheak on the front wheel wells as i did not know that. I got paperwork with the car and a zip drive with pics of the fiero body being built. Looks like the builder did a good job but i am not a expert by any means

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 09:39:46 AM »
If it is an IFG Phantom, my on line manual may help. I replaced my pop ups with 300Zx lights. Documented in the Lights section. https://lambobuilder.com/manual.html
Also you will need to change the front passengers side wheel well opening as the car was not symetrical.
Good luck

richardk

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 08:02:48 AM »
Those vids are just what i need for help along the way. I believe its an ifg phantom kit. Its supposed to warm up soon so can start to figure things out. I was thinking the 300 zx lights would work but always best to check as the kit came with fiberglass pop ups and great a member has a set maybe 4 sale.

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2023, 08:38:37 AM »
I detailed how I mounted the 300ZX lights in the Body section of this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaPE0IsfT25dlJhh9RsWSR7Z7fHS6oBLg

Lambo2005

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2023, 05:52:26 PM »
Yes the 300zx headlights are the OE lights. Lamborghini used them and placed a carbon fiber brow on them to cover the Nissan name at the top of the lamp. So you won’t find an actual Lamborghini headlight available. Well if you do it’ll be someone charging more than they should. 
Rob-Diablo D&R kit

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2023, 05:24:16 PM »
They should. Dale Van Blockland built a black roadster from a kit like yours and it has the 300 ZX lights. Here's a link to his site. I have a used set of 300 ZX lights in storage for a build I never got to. I'm in Atlantic Canada.
https://www.lambobuilder.com/Gallery/Index.htm

richardk

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2023, 01:07:19 AM »
Glad it's here and now the fun begins. I keep looking at it and wondering where to start. It's  set up for the 2.8 and a manual so that would be the easiest so will see. The body is still on backwards so that is no 1 on the list and Damm what color to paint it. I do like calypso coral kind of like a chev engine orange. Heh by chance does anyone know if the 300zx head lights will work.

Linlor1

• Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2023, 01:28:49 PM »
So the car arrived this evening and i am pleasantly surprised. Having never seen it before its a complete kit and looks like everything is there and even extras like all the emblems, 2 full sets of gauges vdo and auto meter, door poppers,and of the small lights ect. its going to be tight getting it in the garage but will fit by a few inches if i nose it in. Nice after many months its here  ::headbang

Hey Richard;

Congrats on the purchase.  You got yourself a very good deal on that car.

Good luck with the build
Don

Lambo2005

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2023, 08:38:10 AM »
Very cool! Congrats! Post some pics.
Rob-Diablo D&R kit

richardk

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2023, 01:49:08 AM »
So the car arrived this evening and i am pleasantly surprised. Having never seen it before its a complete kit and looks like everything is there and even extras like all the emblems, 2 full sets of gauges vdo and auto meter, door poppers,and of the small lights ect. its going to be tight getting it in the garage but will fit by a few inches if i nose it in. Nice after many months its here  ::headbang

richardk

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 11:06:19 PM »
Yea i believe the yellow one is out east somewhere. It was built in BC then to Edmonton then to me and i sold it to another guy in Edmonton and from there it went out east. Truly a well built car. Red one was built in Toronto and i had it shipped to me in Alberta. Its in a friends collection now.

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 07:28:13 PM »

Do you know where the yellow car is now? I saw it for sale in Toronto area a few years back on Auto Trader. The most accurate VT coupe kit I've seen in Canada. I assume it was NAERC body.
Dale Van Blokland's build manual might be a good aid for your new IFG kit. He built a black IFG roadster.

richardk

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 09:04:01 AM »
So u might like these pics as they are the 2 i used to own. Yellow one was a fiero build and the red roadster was a custom build with the 350 4 speed. 

Lambo2005

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 08:13:48 AM »
Richard, Do you know the original manufacturer of the kit?  Mine is a D&R when they were in Penn. I drove there with a borrowed covered trailer and picked it up myself. Yea shipping is expensive but even at $8500 should be a good deal as you're getting more than just the kit.
Looks like a lot of work was already started and if the guy did a good job and you don't have to re-do stuff that's hours ahead of the game.
Well congrats and post pics when it arrives on what you got.
Rob-Diablo D&R kit