Author Topic: Aventador Build  (Read 19667 times)

mogoes49

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Aventador Build
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
can you make a lexus lfa body ? that is a really rare super car that you dont see ever be nice to have one built on a gs body or mr2 turbocharged

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »
yes it will, that part is built off of the lower splitter or I will have an impossible time getting it out of the molds

*Mod can you change the thread name to Aventador build, thanks.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »
A set of cross section plans for sale if anyone is interested in making their own set of plugs and molds.  Plans are only $50 to purchase.  Have many other models you can choose from other than the aventador, if there is a certain car that you are looking for I can make you a set of plans for it.

will your bumper have the shark fin on the corner

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=93.90      IKR KUSTOMS
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:05:54 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

apsara

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »
Didn't get too much done in the past few months.  Been only able to work on it for a total of 3-4 hours this month.  still need to glue in a few more pieces around the head lights, hood and the front end is finished

apsara

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »
can cut you out an lp670 front bumper if you are interested in one.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
looks awesome, wish I could do that with a lp670 bumper

apsara

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 12:31:58 PM »

apsara

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
got the bumper put together today, looks outstanding I'll post a pic later tonight when I get home

apsara

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
nope, this ones mine.  built it a while ago for doing decor design work for cabinets.  it has a 16" z depth but i only use 4" of it.  The next one will be a full rotary milling so I can do prop designs that are as large as a school bus.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »
You could lift the Y axis a bit to gain more Z travel? Or is this current machine for a customer?

apsara

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
well thats the biggest machine i got to be able to cut large parts, all the other machines are smaller.  That machine wasn't ment for large 3d milling,i'll get some video once i cut some more pieces.  The 3d milling machine will be ready in a month, than I can whip out complete plugs in a week
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:08:53 PM by apsara »

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »
I'm surprised you didn't build a 4axis in the beginning with more z travel. Let's see some video of the machine cutting!

apsara

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 08:50:49 PM »
my machine is 3x8, the problem is that the mill end is 4 inches long with a 2" flute.  If I were to cut a larger piece say a 10" z depth it would crash in to the stock.  I'm in the process of building another cnc that is a 4 axis instead of a 3 axis that can handle large stock.   So Im stuck cutting out 1.5-2" pieces and its taking longer.

At the time I've posted that, I didn't have much work to do and could cut it all out in a week.  two days after the post I got swamp with projects and more work to do for people.  I'm working on this in my free time as it's not priority one. 

Jah316

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »
okay, before I go crazy and start building things that I don't have space for.  I just want a little insight of what people might want to see me build.  First off I'm no newb to the kitcar industry, nore am I a dreamer that talks alot about doing things, anyways I just wanted to see what type of car people might want to see get built.  I have a long list of cars but I need to pick one to start, so need your guys input in which one I should start first.  Plus I can have the plug made from conception to body parts in 3 weeks.  Most of you are thinking it can't be done in that time frame, but it can actually be all made in 1.5 weeks, I move fast.  I have every tool I need to make it in such a short time frame, my tools I have in my shop to do this is, 3ftx8ft cnc machine custom built to machine car bodies, Devilbiss fiberglass chopper gun system, 10ftx30ft curing oven that I personally designed for curing the fiberglass parts and for powder coating, it's such a compact design that the entire oven folds up against the wall and only takes up less than 2ft of space. 

Anyways here's my list and vote for what you want to see, if theres one that catches your fancy and its not on the list add it to it and we'll see.

Pagani Zonda R
Pagani Huayra
Aventador J/ or convertible
Gumpert Apollo
koenigsegg Agera R
F70 concept
Saleen s7
Lp670 sv
Mclaren mp4-12
maserati mc12
hennessey venom gt

so ya, I want to start cutting next week  :(

So will it be done in 3 weeks like you quoted?!  Awesome!  Also, I thought you had 3ft x 8ft on the CNC, why are your pieces so small?  Keep up the great work!  Peace

apsara

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 08:20:49 PM »
Here's a picture of it, still in rough stage of machining.  I'll clean it up later when I get some time.
took two days to put that thing together and there's a million more sections to put together.....