Poll

Yellow Murci?

Factory
9 (64.3%)
Fake
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 13, 2013, 07:07:57 PM

Author Topic: I found one more puzzle  (Read 5656 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: I found one more puzzle
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »
Spoiler might be able to be set permanently up? I know they do that with the batwings. Also, not many builders even have functioning or raised spoiler..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:00:28 PM by uollÉ⊥ »

Rebirth

• A.K.A. Darkprince
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • If it's not perfect, It's not done!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
good point
I have a dream, that one day we will not be judged by the supplier of our kits but by the content of the build!

Onewickedsvt

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
It's a beat up real car. Either a salvage or something. It's not a replica, the stance and body is almost too perfect.

Besides who made a "perfect" non lp640 anyhow? The only thing there was a murcy 1, the original cluster of a murci.

No one can make the murcy 1 that good.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:04:57 PM by Onewickedsvt »

Rebirth

• A.K.A. Darkprince
  • If it's not perfect, It's not done!
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
I think it's a Replica. That's too many things going wrong for a real lambo. yes the spoiler shouldn't be brought up like that at such low speeds.
I have a dream, that one day we will not be judged by the supplier of our kits but by the content of the build!

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »
Oem

Murci-Me

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
What is the difference between a replica builder being able to afford the wheel but not the batwing repair... and an oem car owner being able to afford the wheel but not the batwing repair? Not sure I get that one. How do you know he bought the wheels he could have bought the car with the wheels already on it.

Watch at the lambo forums, people have these problems with their lambos every day with low miles...

Even if someone were to build a replica, they would probably know the script doesn't belong at the very edge of the panel. A lambo owner probably wouldn't. Although it's blurry and it could easily be the picture.. the left side looks fine.

I have seen several replicas with the script in the wrong location. It amazes me at the work some people do on their builds, they never check to see whare something goes or how it should look before they build. Its like some people have never seen the real thing to know what their building, which makes no sense to me at all, since you can google these cars to find out anything.
I guess it all comes down to whether you're building a replica or a kitcar. Most of the builds I have seen in person fall in the Kitcar class, which is why the real car owners laugh at us and our builds.
I realize that real Murcies have alot of issues, and things that can go wrong. Most people who have the money to buy these cars usually dont let their cars get to this condition before doing something about it though. All the "problems" with this car are relatively cheap to fix, I dont think its an issue of being unaffordable to fix it.
I still say FAKE.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
I vote fake
To many small issues that an OE owner would commit Hara-Kiri over ::tongue

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 12:31:27 AM »
A rebuild ,it was more than likely wrecked an put back together real fast  ::headbang ::beers ::rocker
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »
I say real
Electrical problems are hallmark of a real one

DiabloRoadsterJC

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »
After much debate, I'm going with FAKE. (But the mere fact were all can't agree means its a pretty good fake if that is the case). One or two items would be OK, but just way too many things going wrong here. Missing script/badging, another script/badging looks to be in the wrong place (too low), riding low on the drivers side, "bat wing" intakes not functioning properly, several lighting issues, and why would the spoiler activate at lower speed ? However, a functioning spoiler is really the only thing that makes me giving thought to real. I'll go with fake with optional OEM wheels.

Murci-Me

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 10:24:32 PM »
Real , with at least 8-10,000 miles on it ,an for everyone here that know , you don,t have to drive them hard for all the items you see wrong to get started , i know a guy head light washers pump went out at 6000 miles pump was like $1900.00 to repair ...he did not fix it

I saw a 2006 Murcie with 27K miles on at the dealership by my house. The car was pristine, everything worked and the car looked brand new. They had just got it in that day, and had not yet detailed it. If that car is real, its got alot more than 8-10K miles on it, looking at all the problems.

I could understand not fixing a washer pump because nobody would ever know, but not fixing a stuck turn signal light??? Looks like the emblem fell off over the driver side air scoop too (most replicas dont have these because the bodies didn't come with the indentation for it and it costs a fortune for the emblem anyway). I guess the owner doesnt have the money to fix the passenger side batwing either, even though he had the money to upgrade to OEM Hercules wheels.
The rear spoiler looks at the wrong angle, and the script on the rear deck is mounted to low, its almost at the edge that meets the grille.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:35:47 PM by Murci-Me »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
The tailpipes? that's normal on the original murcie isn't it? not like the lp
It's lambo of course it's poor quality lol

DiabloRoadsterJC

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
Lamborghini factory warranty is 2 years unlimited mileage, but the 2 years is usually up before too many miles are on the car ! Lots of factory warranteed clutch replacements.
BTW the US DOT require a minimum standard of all NEW cars sold in this country to have a 2 year/24,000 mile (whichever comes first) warranty.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
Real , with at least 8-10,000 miles on it ,an for everyone here that know , you don,t have to drive them hard for all the items you see wrong to get started , i know a guy head light washers pump went out at 6000 miles pump was like $1900.00 to repair ...he did not fix it
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »
Fake.  Poor quality replica.  1) following a car hauler, 2) tailpipes, 3) too many things inop. 
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired