Author Topic: Reventon build  (Read 39835 times)

lance345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Reventon build
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
I envy how great Texas has done fixing the flaws in his body. I started tackling the rocker vents. I'm not at all familiar with fiberglass work, so it's been a learn as I go. I figured the best way to learn, is just to start doing. Here is my first ever attempt at making a fiberglass part (simple as it is).

lance345

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »

Many of us have been to "that point" in our build.  It's the moments and milestones like this that help motivate us to reach the next step.  Enjoy the journey and you'll appreciate the destination even more once you get there.

Chris

This (in my humble opinion) is the difference between someone that wants a lamborghini, and someone that wants to build a car. Not reaching your end goal immediately might be why people that just want a lambo for the sake of owning a lambo never finish their builds. For the people that want to build, it's the moments of seemingly endless lack of progress that make the milestones that much higher highs. Again, just my opinion.

I appreciated this comment No Bull. Can't really put my finger on why, just was nice to read. Thanks. And Bulter for the X2  ;)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
^^^^ X2 ^^^^

::LAMBO2

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 12:37:07 AM »
Just wanted to post something to fool myself into thinking I'm making progress.

I bought some racing seats that are passable to me, and were ridiculously cheap. I had to make a lot of the bracket to fasten them into the car, but it's done now. I spent about 4 hours just sitting in the car and listening to music. Was very relaxing.

Many of us have been to "that point" in our build.  It's the moments and milestones like this that help motivate us to reach the next step.  Enjoy the journey and you'll appreciate the destination even more once you get there.

Chris

lance345

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
Just wanted to post something to fool myself into thinking I'm making progress.

I bought some racing seats that are passable to me, and were ridiculously cheap. I had to make a lot of the bracket to fasten them into the car, but it's done now. I spent about 4 hours just sitting in the car and listening to music. Was very relaxing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:33:45 AM by No Bull »

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »
Looking good Lance! I haven't made it to the windshield just yet, it's next on the list though. The windshield frame that comes with these bodies are crapola. I am not even going to attempt to make mine work. This part of the car is/ should be the same as a Murcie ,so IKR is making me one that will be a big improvement over what was there. It will fix the a-pillar, the door jam/ hinge area, and the glass wont sit so deep in the frame.

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
its the motivation to get it done is what keep guys from completing their builds and the lack of interest when time goes on.  You get excited the first day you start getting parts and pump to dive in and start building, time goes on and you just stare at it instead of building, and eventually you just end up selling it. 

Glad that the post helped you out in your stretch.  Maybe I should make a video of it next time and post some how too's 

lance345

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
I have inner door cards (I think that's what you call them? I've always called them inner door trim).

Here is a pic of what you asked for. I wish I could mock it up on the car, but I have a ton of trimming to do before I can do that. The bodykit sits really high in the back, so a lot of cutting will need to be done under the car. Probably even completely new exhaust  :-[  I love the sound of the Japanese factory exhaust. It's not what you'd expect.

edit: thanks all for the encouragement. I don't know how only 3% of these get done when there is a supportive community for it.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »
Lance again great work!  ::headbang

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »
lance345 it,s coming together , i just realized your car is right hand drive , did the kit come with inner doors or just a outside door skin ... can you post a picture of the rear lower diffusor under the rear bumper  8)  ::thumbup
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:41:45 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

lance345

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 12:49:23 AM »
I made the rocker support today.

lance345

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 12:41:24 AM »
@autopro - yes I have interior pieces, but the pieces are going to need a lot of work. As you can see my car is a RHD (I saw debate on this, it's just how we refer to it here - the steering wheel is on the right when you are in the car) so the dash will have to be destroyed and remade. Not sure what I'm going to do for interior to be honest. I got a really good deal on some race seats that in a pinch will pass off for lambo seats, and that's as far as I've made it on decisions for the interior.

@apsara - your post on how to stretch the car and keep it aligned saved my life. I did exactly that with square tubing though instead of round. It was just easier to weld to the car. I did a ton of measurements and the only thing that happened is it sagged a bit on the supports. I supported the car and re-measured before I welded in the sleeves, then the stretch metal. Turned out really well. I think I have more pics and maybe even a video if anyone is interested. I used a jack-all with a piece of 2x1 tubing under the center console, and a scissor lift (used for spare tires) horizontally between the front section and the rear section of the roof. I did not cut off the roof until after the whole stretch was done. This was a very important measure for me to make sure there was no sag.

The main reason for the lift was all the work that had to be done under the car. Also, I have never felt comfortable working under a car on jacks. I'd gladly pay $2000 for peace of mind, an extra parking space, and a great deal of time saved. It means something will have to wait to get done, but it means I could progress without frustrating myself.

The place I cut actually made the tank re-install really easy. I cut in the narrowest part of the console AFTER the fat part of the tank. So it made my decision of where the tank was going back in really easy. The fat part was still fat, the skinny part was where my extension was, and the fat front (the tank is like an hourglass) was back around where the handbrake is on the inside of the car. But, since the handbrake comes down through the floor, I just used the scissor lift to fatten out the area, and the original supports of the tank still worked excellent. I can take pics of under the car if anyone would care.

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »
Don't mean to be late in the game, but I posted a thread a while back showing how to stretch a car for less than 20 bucks in materials to help keep alignment straight and square using telescopic rods. you dont need special alignment tools doing it this was, all that money spent on a lift and you could have spent it on something else. 

Also, where you cut the car in half you will have trouble installing the tank back in place.  So before you weld up that 10" gap or however long it is, put the tank back in place so you can see where you have to weld around.  Welding a straight plate across it will not work, it will block the end of the tank from going back up in to its home.  Make sure theres no gas and all holes plug before welding around the tank. 

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »
Good decision on getting the lift, I use mine all the time, beats lying on the floor.  Car is looking good, did you also get all the interior pieces?
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
Your making some great progress nothin like getting the car stretched starting to motor with the body on...! That was one of my first mile stones was getting the motor wired and running....  ::headbang