Author Topic: EXTREME Murcie build on Fiero  (Read 5989 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: EXTREME Murcie build on Fiero
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »
I concur

Peggyontherunireland

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
You wont get any $ back from Extreme i my solicitor send them 4 letter and no response from them there a nightmare to deal with and constant problems they stung me for a windscreen i got once from a Nissan Maxima 2001 model from a scrap yard and that fitted with a bit of extra work but was way better than having no windscreen.

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 10:51:57 AM »
Yes, a boosts ls4 will get you more power than you know what to do with and a stock ls4 is far more than adequate.  I'm not sure that I have sorted out the transmission issue yet, but there are turbo boosted 3800s out there using basically the same transmission that put out 600+ hp and beat on them through the quarter mile with success.

cikamile

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »
It will have to be modified for the starter, what i ment by bolt on was the trans bolts right on to the engine, the holes are the same. Saves me time and money. I know alot of costum work will have to get done but I think its alot less work with the LS4 then the LS1 or any other LS. I didnt go with a V6 just becausr I like V8 better lol. Im not sure but arent they around 270hp? I was also thinking about the nissan maxima setup. Its got a 3.5 with 265hp without a supercharger and has a 6spd manual. Would not require much work at all. I thought about it for over a month, i just would not be happy with a V6. The only upgrade i will do to this engine is the 180° exhaust manifolds. I think 303hp and some 320lbs of torque should be enough to move her. If not i can always take the intake manifold and throttle body from the LS1. Right now mine is 78mm and the LS1 has 90mm. There is also an upgrade to 102mm. Should bring me around 350hp mark. And if thats not enough there is always a supercharger i can add. But id be affraid for the transmission at that point. I think I read somewhere this one is rated for some 295 lbs of torque. We will see as i move along :-)

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 03:58:49 AM »
There are a couple of guys on pennocks who are working on putting ls4s with f40s into Fieros.  It is getting fairly involved on some of them.  It's not just a bolt up.  Major starter mounting change.  Would be a great set up though.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
I'm using the F40 also only I'm bolting mine up to a 3800 SC.  What I've found out so far about using this set-up is that you'll need to modify your four speed shifter (must be a four speed and not a five shifter) to a six speed by reworking it and adding the extra gates.  Archie does this for around $150 and they even offer a F40 swap kit for around $2,200 USD.  The cables will need to be replaced with longer units and there are a few pieces needed at the transmission (mainly brackets).

Chris

cikamile

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »
Got my engine few days ago. Decided to go with the LS4 and put it with the Pontiac G6 (F-40) 6spd. They bolt right on. Got the F-40 Transmission off ebay for $360 with 0 kms and found the LS4 out of a 2006 Impala SS with only 6,000kms on it for $1,200. Great deal... I think.:)

cikamile

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »
Yea all of us got interior from cki though, it's just bad quality and not even close to looking like the real thing. If you want oem style interior you pretty much have to buy everything one piece at a time from people that have them. A lot of the major parts were originally copied by lambolambo quite awhile ago.

Yea I saw pictures of cki and it needs a ton of work. Yesterday I got an OEM dash from ebay. Came from a wreck and the airbag cracked the pass side. Was cheep so I will fix it. Should arrive in a few days. I will go all OEM interior, will take time to get parts at a good price. But Im not in a rush :)

cikamile

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »
Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing pictures and details about your build.  I had heard about some problems with Extreme in the past and then everyone stopped talking about them so I figured they'd become another company that "didn't make it".  I wish you the best of luck on getting your parts from them or at least locating replacements so you are able to build this the way you want it.

Chris

Thank you Chris, I will finish my Lambo one way or another its just that having to buy parts I already paid for hurts my wallet :)
They are still in business but anyone thinking about buying from them...think hard. Kit is really good but if you don’t fly down to the UK and pick it up yourself, you will have problems

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Yea all of us got interior from cki though, it's just bad quality and not even close to looking like the real thing. If you want oem style interior you pretty much have to buy everything one piece at a time from people that have them. A lot of the major parts were originally copied by lambolambo quite awhile ago. I know he used to go to extreme's forum
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:30:53 PM by Tallon »

cikamile

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
I see, I never saw anyone with the kit have that stuff. Hope to see you getting the parts.
I guess it depends what stage you order. Kitcar inc sells with interior as well. If you go on extreme site you can see what all you can order. I paid for everything they offer. I went with EXTREME because I read that their molds are off the real car and all pieces would fit the original. And I will attempt to be as close to real as I can

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:04 PM »
Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing pictures and details about your build.  I had heard about some problems with Extreme in the past and then everyone stopped talking about them so I figured they'd become another company that "didn't make it".  I wish you the best of luck on getting your parts from them or at least locating replacements so you are able to build this the way you want it.

Chris

cikamile

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »
It’s not stretched yet as I was waiting to figure out what to put it for the engine/trans. After attempting to dry-fit the body many many times and cutting down pieces that were in my way. I soon realized that I will have to get the fiero really cut up LOL

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
I see, I never saw anyone with the kit have that stuff. Hope to see you getting the parts.

cikamile

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:10:59 PM »
It's not supposed to have interior, they usually use the MR2 interior with this kit. Unless they do now have it and promised you that you would get it, my mistake. I thought you'd be on your own with the windshield, too.
Looks like you have it mounted on there nicely, not something you usually see with a fiero.

They promised me full interior and exterior for the price I paid. I also paid extra for the full window set. I only got the door windows and the windshield, but the windshield came cracked. Was also told if anything comes broken, I have insurance on it all and they will replace. I also paid extra for the window regulators, shocks and was told they made rear tail lights as well. I never got any of that. This was all about 6 months ago...still trying to reach them. Last time I spoke with some guy who said that EXTREME was sold to him and is under new management...still trying to contact them to at least get some $ back.