Build Diaries > Murcielago

EXTREME Murcie build on Fiero

(1/4) > >>

Murci-Me:
I concur

Peggyontherunireland:
You wont get any $ back from Extreme i my solicitor send them 4 letter and no response from them there a nightmare to deal with and constant problems they stung me for a windscreen i got once from a Nissan Maxima 2001 model from a scrap yard and that fitted with a bit of extra work but was way better than having no windscreen.

dratts:
Yes, a boosts ls4 will get you more power than you know what to do with and a stock ls4 is far more than adequate.  I'm not sure that I have sorted out the transmission issue yet, but there are turbo boosted 3800s out there using basically the same transmission that put out 600+ hp and beat on them through the quarter mile with success.

cikamile:
It will have to be modified for the starter, what i ment by bolt on was the trans bolts right on to the engine, the holes are the same. Saves me time and money. I know alot of costum work will have to get done but I think its alot less work with the LS4 then the LS1 or any other LS. I didnt go with a V6 just becausr I like V8 better lol. Im not sure but arent they around 270hp? I was also thinking about the nissan maxima setup. Its got a 3.5 with 265hp without a supercharger and has a 6spd manual. Would not require much work at all. I thought about it for over a month, i just would not be happy with a V6. The only upgrade i will do to this engine is the 180° exhaust manifolds. I think 303hp and some 320lbs of torque should be enough to move her. If not i can always take the intake manifold and throttle body from the LS1. Right now mine is 78mm and the LS1 has 90mm. There is also an upgrade to 102mm. Should bring me around 350hp mark. And if thats not enough there is always a supercharger i can add. But id be affraid for the transmission at that point. I think I read somewhere this one is rated for some 295 lbs of torque. We will see as i move along :-)

dratts:
There are a couple of guys on pennocks who are working on putting ls4s with f40s into Fieros.  It is getting fairly involved on some of them.  It's not just a bolt up.  Major starter mounting change.  Would be a great set up though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version