Build Diaries > Murcielago

EXTREME Murcie build on Fiero

<< < (2/4) > >>

No Bull:
I'm using the F40 also only I'm bolting mine up to a 3800 SC.  What I've found out so far about using this set-up is that you'll need to modify your four speed shifter (must be a four speed and not a five shifter) to a six speed by reworking it and adding the extra gates.  Archie does this for around $150 and they even offer a F40 swap kit for around $2,200 USD.  The cables will need to be replaced with longer units and there are a few pieces needed at the transmission (mainly brackets).

Chris

cikamile:
Got my engine few days ago. Decided to go with the LS4 and put it with the Pontiac G6 (F-40) 6spd. They bolt right on. Got the F-40 Transmission off ebay for $360 with 0 kms and found the LS4 out of a 2006 Impala SS with only 6,000kms on it for $1,200. Great deal... I think.:)

cikamile:

--- Quote from: Tallon on January 11, 2013, 07:27:12 PM ---Yea all of us got interior from cki though, it's just bad quality and not even close to looking like the real thing. If you want oem style interior you pretty much have to buy everything one piece at a time from people that have them. A lot of the major parts were originally copied by lambolambo quite awhile ago.

--- End quote ---

Yea I saw pictures of cki and it needs a ton of work. Yesterday I got an OEM dash from ebay. Came from a wreck and the airbag cracked the pass side. Was cheep so I will fix it. Should arrive in a few days. I will go all OEM interior, will take time to get parts at a good price. But Im not in a rush :)

cikamile:

--- Quote from: No Bull on January 11, 2013, 07:21:04 PM ---Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing pictures and details about your build.  I had heard about some problems with Extreme in the past and then everyone stopped talking about them so I figured they'd become another company that "didn't make it".  I wish you the best of luck on getting your parts from them or at least locating replacements so you are able to build this the way you want it.

Chris

--- End quote ---

Thank you Chris, I will finish my Lambo one way or another its just that having to buy parts I already paid for hurts my wallet :)
They are still in business but anyone thinking about buying from them...think hard. Kit is really good but if you don’t fly down to the UK and pick it up yourself, you will have problems

Tallon:
Yea all of us got interior from cki though, it's just bad quality and not even close to looking like the real thing. If you want oem style interior you pretty much have to buy everything one piece at a time from people that have them. A lot of the major parts were originally copied by lambolambo quite awhile ago. I know he used to go to extreme's forum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version