Author Topic: Button decals for LP640/670 interiors  (Read 1734 times)

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Re: Button decals for LP640/670 interiors
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »
Bummer!

Thank you

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 05:19:54 AM »
I think murci me is gone

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 01:55:13 AM »
Hi
Did you ever talk to people about this?
This sounds like a great idea but it looks like there were no responses.
Thank you
Peter

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Button decals for LP640/670 interiors
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25:50 PM »
A few years ago I decided to silkscreen the images onto my buttons in my interior. They came out fine and looked ok, but what i didn't like was that the image wouldn't illuminate when I turned my lights on, even though all my button switches are illuminated. The light couldnt make it through the silk screened image with a black base. I later cut my buttons out of 1/4" milk white plexiglass, and then put a decal with the white image over it. It lit up fine, but the button surface had to be flat to accept the decal so it wouldnt wrinkle. I made the dome top buttons, but had no way to get the image on them and still remain transparent for the light to come through.
So, I was reading Peggyontheruns' thread about the window stickers and got to thinking.........
If he could cut out the images out of thin vinyl, they could be applied to the transparant white dome top button, then painted black and when the paint dried remove the decal to expose the masked image below. This would allow the light to come through the unpainted area when the lamps in the bottons were illuminated, and have a white image like OEM when not illuminated.
Has anybody else solved this problem, and if so what are you doing? Would anybody else other than me be interested is purchasing these from Peggyontherun?