Author Topic: New builder  (Read 6796 times)

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
Re: New builder
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
My take is if someone builds a complete kit- body, interior, and have all the small parts to get the car to a certain stage would be a great start, because when building one of these cars you have to get things from so many different individuals just to get to stage one, if Jay, and it looks like he has a great start or anyone would build a COMPLETE kit not just the fiber glass and offer it in stages I think they could have the Lambo Replica market. Lots of hype about different levels of quality and types of kits but if you go to market and try to buy a complete kit off the shelf there is no one that can do it except GTM,RCR, or a street rod company and that somewhat causes a potenial buyer to think twice, as we are for sure the spure of the moment type buyers and we want it now.. To the point of tire kickers, they are in every aspect of the automotive world, I have guys call me daily that are going to wire money or fly in to buy one of our cars, it always seems to be more so with the muscle cars then street rods, every single street rod I have had sold without much drama, street machines usally has a few more dreamers not sure on a finished kit car but, I guess we will find out...

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
Those ppl who do go inside the store wasting time need some serious psychological examination.
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »
Oh yes they do! I cant tell you how many times i've seen people in the Lambo dealership by my house asking a ton of questions about the car, never having any intention or money to buy. You see it all the time, people walking around in expensive stores not buying a thing, just hanging out to be seen there. Same thing on these forums.
I laugh when I see "plus size" girls walking around in the "Petite Casual" store in the mall. Once again, wishfull thinking I guess.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:46:46 PM by Murci-Me »

LamboJayso

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 09:29:15 PM »
They're called "kitcar groupies" Jay, so get use to it lol. I remember when I was on MM, and people would contact me about parts. I heard endless stories about what they're gonna build, how much better it was gonna be than everyone elses, and so on. They never bought a part though. They just wanted to be in the loop.
Dont get discouraged, every business/seller goes through this, alot of window shoppers.  ;)
Yea I know, but these ppl must know before hand whether or not they can afford to do it. Window shoppers do just that, they stand outside where it's cold looking in at what they wish they could buy. They don't go inside the store knowing very well they can't afford it asking a 101 questions only to walk out with nothing.
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
Wow since "LP" created this thread we haven't heard anything else from him. You know I experience this alot, alot of ppl call me up asking a 101 questions but never pull the trigger on anything. Can anyone tell me why ppl do this?

They're called "kitcar groupies" Jay, so get use to it lol. I remember when I was on MM, and people would contact me about parts. I heard endless stories about what they're gonna build, how much better it was gonna be than everyone elses, and so on. They never bought a part though. They just wanted to be in the loop.
Dont get discouraged, every business/seller goes through this, alot of window shoppers.  ;)

LamboJayso

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
Tusabes you think the front engine mercy 4 kit carkit inc makes look "good" (  :( ) but to answer your question, John has his few obligations like Tallon, No Bull etc... to take care of first. After that's completed then I'll pick "them" up. BUT, this doesn't prevent anyone from leaving a deposit on a kit to be made. Honestly, if someone did buy a kit the obligations John has would get completed faster b/c then I would fly down again and help him out b/c he's experiencing health problems.
-Jayso

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »
Jayso can you respond to this where Tallon says Watson has not sold AD production of murci shells off to you?

you might want to talk to john watson and see what he plans on doing with his moulds and parts in the future because according to him, he has not given then or sold them to ANYONE yet nor has any such decision been 100% locked in.

LamboJayso

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
Wow since "LP" created this thread we haven't heard anything else from him. You know I experience this alot, alot of ppl call me up asking a 101 questions but never pull the trigger on anything. Can anyone tell me why ppl do this?
-Jayso

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »
/\ /\ /\ /\ Very Well Said /\ /\ /\ /\

::beers

jamack

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
 I'm sure there is allot of guys on here that could answer the cost better than I can, reading some of the post it seems that going with a donor is cheaper and you have to do a lot less, after the approach I have taken I can say this. I would have for sure purchased the Gallardo and had the wide body kit installed or bought a driving wrecked murcie and went from there, ultimately the question to my cost or any other enthusiast cost can vary greatly and I think to list the cost of one build compared to another may cause some guys not  to try and build their dream car, I'm sure there are cars built for 20k and others at 50k and then the extreme of building a car that is just shy of having OEM drive tran that can reach 80k +, my point is I 'm glad to share with anyone all the info we have accumulated during this process and the cost if you pm me with your questions, I can say this I chose to build a car more so to enjoy a learning experience with my son and along the way we have met and dealt with some great and not so great folks in the automotive world, something my son said to me a couple of weeks ago was the guys dealing in the kit car world do things a little different then the guys we deal with on our muscle cars. There is allot of post about certain manufactures and I can say this without a doubt after buying parts from different ones that there is only a few that have followed through with what they say or do and that alone can cost you more when doing your car...

LamboJayso

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »
........ :)

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
The pic is a few weeks old, the car will go to paint by the 10th of Feb then to the interior guy, the interior is about 90% OEM seats have to be covered door panels, and dash, all the other parts are new or next to new, I had a custom insturment cluster done that is using the OEM housing but will have custom gauges that will be placed in a machined instrument face, will look very close to the murcie as the gauge faces where custom done... door glass is OEM, inner fender wells are OEM, tailights, head lights are OEM...

Chassis is 100% custom, brakes are ZO6, LS 2 engine (545 hp), Porsche transaxle, 180 degree headers, I will be posting a bunch of pics this week, hope to have car ready,driving by March 1...

Jamack, this sounds awesome. If you dont mind, what kind of money have put into this build? Just so others can know what to expect if they ever want to tackle a build like this. Thanks and if not i understand and thanks anyway. 

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »
Awesome !!

This will be the first AD murci finished , your chassis looks great can't wait to see it finished

jamack

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
The pic is a few weeks old, the car will go to paint by the 10th of Feb then to the interior guy, the interior is about 90% OEM seats have to be covered door panels, and dash, all the other parts are new or next to new, I had a custom insturment cluster done that is using the OEM housing but will have custom gauges that will be placed in a machined instrument face, will look very close to the murcie as the gauge faces where custom done... door glass is OEM, inner fender wells are OEM, tailights, head lights are OEM...

Chassis is 100% custom, brakes are ZO6, LS 2 engine (545 hp), Porsche transaxle, 180 degree headers, I will be posting a bunch of pics this week, hope to have car ready,driving by March 1...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:34:17 PM by jamack »