Author Topic: New builder  (Read 6795 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New builder
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 01:02:20 PM »
The AD car posted is just the AD body the Fabicator is someone totally different and very talented, I can share any info you would like about the work and how great this Fabicator is if you want to PM me, but just so I'm clear with what I posted this is a AD body that will be completed soon,  I'm fairly new to building a complete car and can say the time, cost, and the quality of some of the parts and workmanship is sometimes hard to deal with but,I can honestly say the guy doing my fab work has been great to work with and has followed through on everything he has promised. I wish the best for everyone's build and much success on completing their dream car.

When you say "soon", what is the timeframe you estimate?

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
The AD car posted is just the AD body the Fabicator is someone totally different and very talented, I can share any info you would like about the work and how great this Fabicator is if you want to PM me, but just so I'm clear with what I posted this is a AD body that will be completed soon,  I'm fairly new to building a complete car and can say the time, cost, and the quality of some of the parts and workmanship is sometimes hard to deal with but,I can honestly say the guy doing my fab work has been great to work with and has followed through on everything he has promised. I wish the best for everyone's build and much success on completing their dream car.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »
Lets set the facts straight

Rob had never ever completed one of his bodies

His finished cars were really the abandoned projects of other people that he bought and finished up

John Watson has also never finished one of his murci bodied cars and no one who had bought a body from John Watson has ever finished their car

CKI and Triangle G are the only body makers that have ever resulted in finished cars in the USA . Cki had a company finished 3-4 of them and Steve terteryan of Triangle G has finished at least two if not more
i think cki is more a step in front of rob as far as completing a car
but if you want to buy an oem style body you might want to talk to john watson and see what he plans on doing with his moulds and parts in the future because according to him, he has not given then or sold them to ANYONE yet nor has any such decision been 100% locked in.

Yup.

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 10:31:57 PM »
This will be a completed AD body car very soon... I did op to have installed OEM doors and and engine cover with the OEM piece that goes behind the bonnett, this car will go to paint very soon.

Murci-Me

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »

His finished cars were really the abandoned projects of other people that he bought and finished up

John Watson has also never finished one of his murci bodied cars and no one who had bought a body from John Watson has ever finished their car

CKI and Triangle G are the only body makers that have ever resulted in finished cars in the USA . Cki had a company finished 3-4 of them and Steve terteryan of Triangle G has finished at least two if not more

Steve (Triangle-G) has built 6 cars (3 coupes and 3 roadsters)
VF1Skull came and visited me today, so we went over to Steves so he could see Steves finished G28L roadster. Its a beautifull car, but like all of Steves builds they are just for show, nothing works (he did make the batwings work on this one though). The car also has the standard G28 interior, nowhere near accurate but nicely done.
I too have never seen a completed A/D body, and Yes, Rob has never built let alone completed a car (attaching a body to a chassis is not "building").
If anybody wanted a basic G28 built, Steve told me he's available. His roadster is also for sale for 60K, and that includes the other car I previously mentioned and a complete set of moulds for the G28 interior (the moulds for the interior can also be bought from him for $500).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:07:24 PM by Murci-Me »

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
i think cki is more a step in front of rob as far as completing a car
but if you want to buy an oem style body you might want to talk to john watson and see what he plans on doing with his moulds and parts in the future because according to him, he has not given then or sold them to ANYONE yet nor has any such decision been 100% locked in.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:49:18 PM by Tallon »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 08:09:25 AM »
Not to throw the thread off track but Rob didn't build that chrome replica. He bought it nearly complete and had it wrapped. Ill try to find a link to the thread about it....

Murci-Me

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »
I'll ask him, but I cant guarantee anything. He's not much of a computer guy.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »
Its a great first build for someone, or can be easily converted to a high-end replica. The headlights are even already done on it lol!

Hey Mike... have Steve join the site or send you some pictures and details on this car so we can post it in the "For Sale" section and help him sell it while helping a member here.  It would be good to have the "father of the G28" here on the site.  ::K

Thanks,

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
Its a great first build for someone, or can be easily converted to a high-end replica. The headlights are even already done on it lol!

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
I saw Steve (Triangle-G) today and he has a G28L Roadster already mounted on a stretched Fiero (V6 auto trans) that he is trying to sell. He's asking 13K, but I bet he'll take 11K or even less if someone is serious about buying. It was a build someone commisioned him to do and and they stopped paying, so he leined the car for the work done and got ownership back. It includes a full G40 interior, and lots of other parts.

This sounds like an awesome deal for someone!

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »
I saw Steve (Triangle-G) today and he has a G28L Roadster already mounted on a stretched Fiero (V6 auto trans) that he is trying to sell. He's asking 13K, but I bet he'll take 11K or even less if someone is serious about buying. It was a build someone commisioned him to do and and they stopped paying, so he leined the car for the work done and got ownership back. It includes a full G40 interior, and lots of other parts.

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »
Personally I say stay clear of robs build, nothing against him.  but the way I see it is, if you can't fab up some simple hinges and mechs to install on a door, how do you expect to fab up load bearing parts to fit a body and frame.  Buying a kit with out the door on is a big give away too, you need to be able to see the body line to make sure its correct and the panel will line up.  There is going to be tons and tons of work for you too correct once you install the doors on.  Honestly who can't mount a door??? as you already know, most of the door frames are warped, most guys on here can tell you that from experience.  So before you buy anything, have a look at it in person

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »
LP/Joe,  please, Please!, PLEASE!!! did I say P L E A S E?  Do your homework before you buy!  This forum is tops, hands down.  Talk to someone who has been there.  There are many right here on this forum who can set you straight on who to deal with.

Jim 
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired