Author Topic: New builder  (Read 6797 times)

lance345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: New builder
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:40 PM »
Hello. I am a recent joiner of the forum as well, and have found everyone very helpful. Best of luck in your build.

Murci-Me

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »
 :)

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 08:51:11 PM »
Well "LP", I hope you have deep pockets for this build! That body is a ton of work. Dont be fooled by the pretty orange paint, its actually just expensive primer. 100% of it will have to be sanded away to do the bodywork, allign and mount the doors, redo the headlights properly and so on. That car is about 15% finished, Rob just sands the body, mounts and paints it, none of the real work is done and for good reason if you know Rob.
The headlight rings you posted a link to are cr@p, and way overpriced (over double). The "brows" are not worth the money either, and the wrong shape/dimension.
A word to the wise: Dont ever buy parts from a person who has never actually installed them in a passable manner on the car they are meant to.
LamboJayso has built a complete car, start to finish, and can speak from experience. Rob never has.
Like preaching to the choir, excellent stuff MM.
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »
Well "LP", I hope you have deep pockets for this build! That body is a ton of work. Dont be fooled by the pretty orange paint, its actually just expensive primer. 100% of it will have to be sanded away to do the bodywork, allign and mount the doors, redo the headlights properly and so on. That car is about 15% finished, Rob just sands the body, mounts and paints it, none of the real work is done and for good reason if you know Rob.
The headlight rings you posted a link to are cr@p, and way overpriced (over double). The "brows" are not worth the money either, and the wrong shape/dimension.
A word to the wise: Dont ever buy parts from a person who has never actually installed them in a passable manner on the car they are meant to.
LamboJayso has built a complete car, start to finish, and can speak from experience. Rob never has.

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »
@LP.....And LamboJayso.....Not to steal your thread.  I just posted so that you really invest time into research.   Choosing the kit of your dreams and budget is a huge step.   I am building on the MR2 instead of the Fiero.  It has its plus and negatives.  I Will likely build on a Fiero next time around.  More parts availability and definitely more support in the forums.   @ LamboJayso....my family is well.   Thanks.  My build is finally getting back into progress.   LP....definitely enjoy your build....and this forum will definitely be a great source of knowledge for you to utilize.   These guys are great at helping with many views into all aspects of your project.  Good luck LP and look forward to seeing your build thread when you get started. 
Mitch
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

LamboJayso

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
@ Lambojayso....I am definitely keeping an eye on your parts and people that buy your parts for their builds.  I can attest to the fact that the G-28 body from car kit inc need tremendous amount of work.  And aloso that Robs body, although better, still has alot of work to it.  It can be done but at the greatest expense of personal labor.   I would definitely consider thinking very hard about what kit to buy the second time around.  Definitely paying a little more for an accurate and better fitting parts is a no brainer after all that I have had to do to my body to get it to where its at.  And as I may point out myself....no matter what I endevour....I will hardly be even close to OEM in the end....although I will have a good looking car.   But no matter what, I will have worked my butt off to even come close to a respectable representation of the real deal.
What's up MDMurcy2, I hope all is well with the family. You did say before that your first build was just to gain the experience, sell it, then apply what you've learned to your second build. Which is precisely the predicament I find myself in today. Everyday I work on my car, I'm always amazed at how well the Fiero chassis matches up to the OEM body without any major modifications. I will soon have an update in my build thread. MDMurcy, I'll be here when you're ready to do the upgrade.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:09:05 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
@ Lambojayso....I am definitely keeping an eye on your parts and people that buy your parts for their builds.  I can attest to the fact that the G-28 body from car kit inc need tremendous amount of work.  And aloso that Robs body, although better, still has alot of work to it.  It can be done but at the greatest expense of personal labor.   I would definitely consider thinking very hard about what kit to buy the second time around.  Definitely paying a little more for an accurate and better fitting parts is a no brainer after all that I have had to do to my body to get it to where its at.  And as I may point out myself....no matter what I endevour....I will hardly be even close to OEM in the end....although I will have a good looking car.   But no matter what, I will have worked my butt off to even come close to a respectable representation of the real deal. 
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

LamboJayso

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
Welcome to the site Joe! When you say you're interested in purchasing a kit from Rob/Joe, you're referring to buying a "G28" kit. We recently had a discussion about that kit in another thread on this site and came to the conclusion that kit is completely unacceptable nowadays.

See thread:
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=472.0

I am the alternative to Rob/Joe & Carkit Inc. I offer the OEM dimension body. Below are the additional parts included with the purchase of my kit:
-Door Hinges
-Hood Hinges
-Hatch Hinges
-Batwing Hinges

Plus tons of tech support and pictures to help make the build experience stressless.
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:26:36 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

LP

New builder
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »