Author Topic: Heater/AC Fiero Control Panel Facia  (Read 3016 times)

Riceburner98

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Heater/AC Fiero Control Panel Facia
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:27:22 AM »
I put my email at the bottom in "code" to avoid it coming up in web searches for the spam mail people..  It's my user name here @gmail.com.

I have some 355 covers, but they're just the covers.  Like the Lambo sticker for the Fiero controller, they stick on the replica 355 controller I used to make.  I actually have a rubber mold curing right now to make more 355 knobs; I haven't been able to make them in a few years for various reasons.  I'm going to have some breakfast and pop the mold open in a few minutes.  Like opening a present..  :)  Tried it last weekend and it was a mess.

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:02:12 AM »
Hey rice burner I have a 355 and need a ac cover panel
Do you have pics
What's your email?

That's an interesting idea..  Can't tell if they're just printed paper or plastic though.  Considering how much the faceplate gets rubbed in use it might rub off the printing.  Just noticed it says "vynal sticker", maybe the ink holds up ok?  When I had the Ferrari 355 panels printed on polycarbonate they weren't horribly expensive ($20-$25 each?) for 100 of them and they're really durable. Wish I'd thought of these back then..  :)

Dustin - sorry about that, I see you PM'd back in June..  I haven't been back here in a long time, didn't think it was that long though!  Didn't even know I had any new messages, looks like a couple people have been trying to reach me.  Lying here awake on the IPad trying to think of sites to kill time and I ended up back here..  If anyone needs to get in touch, feel free to email!  I check that a whole lot more than I get time to visit any of the replica sites these days.  I still space out and miss emails occasionally though.. Still working on HVAC panels when I can find time, work and life have crept up and I don't get in the shop that much anymore..  I have so many projects started that I'll never get back to its not funny..  My Fiero project is finally at my place, but has been sitting so long the white paint is grey with mold or something.  Can't wait to evict some mice this Spring; hopefully it's just a clutch job and it'll finally be drivable.  - Bob - aka (my username)@gmail.com

Riceburner98

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »
That's an interesting idea..  Can't tell if they're just printed paper or plastic though.  Considering how much the faceplate gets rubbed in use it might rub off the printing.  Just noticed it says "vynal sticker", maybe the ink holds up ok?  When I had the Ferrari 355 panels printed on polycarbonate they weren't horribly expensive ($20-$25 each?) for 100 of them and they're really durable. Wish I'd thought of these back then..  :)

Dustin - sorry about that, I see you PM'd back in June..  I haven't been back here in a long time, didn't think it was that long though!  Didn't even know I had any new messages, looks like a couple people have been trying to reach me.  Lying here awake on the IPad trying to think of sites to kill time and I ended up back here..  If anyone needs to get in touch, feel free to email!  I check that a whole lot more than I get time to visit any of the replica sites these days.  I still space out and miss emails occasionally though.. Still working on HVAC panels when I can find time, work and life have crept up and I don't get in the shop that much anymore..  I have so many projects started that I'll never get back to its not funny..  My Fiero project is finally at my place, but has been sitting so long the white paint is grey with mold or something.  Can't wait to evict some mice this Spring; hopefully it's just a clutch job and it'll finally be drivable.  - Bob - aka (my username)@gmail.com

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:01:33 AM »
Great find ::bounce! Since the Murci's have the cover over the AC controls I was really planing on saving money and keeping the stock AC controls, especially since Riceburner inst answering PM's anymore. This will be a good alternative, Thank you for sharing

Dustin

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Heater/AC Fiero Control Panel Facia
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:35:27 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired