For Sale / Wanted > Services

Car appraisials

(1/2) > >>

Murci-Me:
I think i'll go with these guys.............
http://www.classicautoappraiser.com/appraisals.php

Murci-Me:
Yup, thats included in the Comprehensive part!

01Lambiero:
Flood damage ::headbang

Jim

Peanut butter in your shifter??  Fingernail polish on your speedometer??  Marbles in your heater fan??

Murci-Me:
I have State Farm insurance, and the car is insured as a classic for $85K. Its also listed as limited use (less than 1000 miles per year), and a clause that if the car is considered a "total loss", I get to retain posession of it as well as recieving a check for $84K (I have a 1K deductible).
I dont think i'll have a problem having it appraised at 85K, Especially with all the OEM parts the car has.
My insurance agent didn't even blink an eye when I told them the amount it was worth, especially when they saw it in person. I was concerned that if someone else hit the car, that their insurance would only pay me bluebook on an '86 Fiero. My agent assured me that could not happen, since I pay coverage on it for $85K. The other insurance would have to pay the value that its insured for, the value its appraised at. I have full coverage on the car (Comp, Collision, Liability, Uninsured motorist) and the 6 month premium is $181.00
I just worry that i'm forgetting something lol.

Tusabes:
A dealer appraisal that would be accepted by a bank for lending purposes is typically not valid for insurance purposes . 

And if you expect a third party insurer to pay your damages instead of your own insurer , such as in a loss that's someone else's fault , only an appraiser willing to testify in court will be sufficient

Remember an insurer only pays ACV (actual cash value) which , if your kit is insured as a 1985 fiero, will be about $1000 unless you have also paid for and purchased additional coverage . The best way to do this is to have "agreed value" insurance coverage through a speciality collector insurer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version