Author Topic: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.  (Read 82544 times)

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:58 PM »
Good to hear from you again and even better that your daughter had a successful surgery. Can't wait for more updates and termites are a beach!

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:56 PM »
Thanks, MDM for the excellent news.  The One who knows you best, loves you the most!!

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Tallon

• Liked: 187
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
That was a quick response! lol
I was starting to worry for a second there, glad to hear everything is good
You're still waaay ahead of me

MDMurcy2

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »
Man I am doing good!  Thanks for asking Tallon.  My daughter is doing well too.  Started school again on the 6th.  We are all excited to be getting back into some sort of norm.   Its been a very trying year.  But God is good!

Got into my shop these past few weeks to find that termites have really tore into one wall and roof structure.  I have a huge leak and its been raining almost constantly for a few weeks now.  I have to get that under control now and then its back to the Lambo.  I'm itching to put my hands on it after all this time.   

Trust me guys.....I'm not quitting!   I've come too far to give up now.  I hope to get some work on it next week starting Monday.  Thats the goal.   Last I messed with it, I was finishing up the mechanics inside the doors and bonding the inner and outer door shells.  The front clip is ready for paint.  The rear quarters are prepped.  I just have to float in the doors and finish prep on the rear bumper and engine lid.  I really hope to finish up body work in the next few weeks and prime this thing.  I can hardly wait to paint it and see what I have.   

Thanks for the support friends!  I'll be back and posting soon.   
Mitch
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

Tallon

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
Mitch how are ya doing man? Hope everything is okay.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

My prayers continue for your family and little one.  Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Tallon

« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »
I'm glad surgery went well

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
Glad to hear things are going well considering. My prayers will continue for a full recovery  ::sun

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
It been a pretty rotten week around here Mitch and I can honestly say that reading your post about your daughter has really made it better.  It helped put things into perspective and it was a nice reality check of what's important.  We should all count our blessings daily and I thank you for reminding me of this.  Many prayers go out to you and your family and remember that we'll still be here once you are ready to start back up on your project.   ::toothy

Thanks,

Chris

MDMurcy2

« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »
Hey guys....

My daughter had her heart surgery on the 10th.   It was a grueling 12 hr surgery and seemed like an eternity of a wait.  The surgery went well.  After being asleep for a week and 2 days, they finally woke her up.  She is now recovering well, slow but positive every day.  We were told today that she could be back home by perhaps the second week in October.   Thats a ways away but at least things are looking up.  Only time and healing will tell if everything is functioning in her heart the way the doctors planned.  But....its in God's hands and we have faith.   And....she a strong girl. 

Thanks for your prayers......

Hopefully soon I can get my focus towards my car.   I sure miss working on it.   

Mitch

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
Mitch, thank you for updating all of us on what is going on ::thumbup. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and your daughter ::sun

Tallon

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2012, 07:15:09 AM »
Sorry to hear that Mitch, I wish you and your family the best.

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »
Gotta say one thing about this work......I cant stop looking at the difference that work did for the front bumper.  I really love the clean lines of the "fixed" bumper and lip.   I almost didn't go through the trouble of it.  I'm so glad I did now.  It was well worth the extra time.   Murcie-Me's build pics motivated me to take this step.  So thanks again Mike, you've been a real inspiration with your work.

Excellent work Mitch! I've seen alot of people skip over minor (and major) modifications because of the amount of work involved to change them. Seeing how you went the extra mile and are now rewarded with an excellent build should be a lesson to other builders.  You'll never regret doing the extra work once you see your finished product. Theres nothing worse than looking at your finished car and wishing you had done something different, it'll haunt you forever.
Keep up the good work. Be strong and have faith, You and your family are in all our prayers.  ::sun

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »
My heart goes out to you and your family, my prayers will be with your daughter.  We are going through something similar with our niece, she has had multiple heart surgeries since she was born.  She just turned 5 years old and she is doing well, just keep a positive outlook and your prayers going.
Pedro

MDMurcy2

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »
Hey guys.....  Been a while.....I know.    No......Tallon....the car isn't painted yet.   Unfortunately I've had some issues with my daughter that have complicated both the work on my car and the budget required to keep goin.   I've had to put the car on hold for some time now, and it could be a little while longer before I get back to it.   Its not forgotten though....so no worries.  I'll be back.   

As some of you know....my youngest daughter has had some health issues.   She was born with heart issues and has had a number of surgeries to fix the problems with her heart.   As well, her heart issues have caused damage to her lungs.   So many things in this chain reaction.   Well, again.....Issues have come up that put her back in the hospital and this week coming, she will have another heart surgery.   So,  God willing,  this surgery corrects the problems.   I ask all my friends......Keep us in your prayers!     

When all is settled and going strong.....I will jump back on my car and complete it.   Its her wish to ride in it to school someday.   Thats my greatest motivation now.      ::angel

Thanks guys......  I'll keep things posted on her progress.   

Mitch