Author Topic: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.  (Read 77284 times)

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
Re: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »
I've been very busy working on my car.   I've got a lot of the interior work already started.   I have finished my headlight buckets and tail light assemblies.   Also finished up my mirrors.  Just been really busy trying to get this car finished up.  Got a lot of pics to show really soon.   BUT.....I wasn't exactly happy with the first paint job.   I had some pinholes and small imperfections I just couldn't live with....So, Last week I took the time to re sand the entire car and re-masked it all and painted it a second time.  This time I can truly say I am excited and satisfied with the finish.  I will cut and polish the paint to perfection later but for now I can sleep well knowing the flaws are fixed.  I posted a quick vid on YouTube of the second paint job.   Soon, I will start posting the finishing of the project.   

Mitch

MDMurcy2: Sneak peak of my Murcielago paint work. (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:26:46 PM by No Bull »
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
I too am very impressed that a CKI body can look this good. I love the color myself. It has always been at the top of my list. Great job! I can't wait to see it finished.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

MDMurcy2

« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2013, 10:54:45 PM »
Nice paint job, What size are those rear spacers, and where did you get them if you dont mind.

Those spacers in the rear are only for my mock up.   When I ordered the rims I started with....I measured from my friends Mercy1 car.   And at that, not fully understanding yet what I needed....I ordered 3" spacers to fit the rims I chose.  The guy that cut my spacers had a set that was messed up and the set I purchased.  In total...the spacers are 2 ... 3" spacers on each side to make the rims fit.   Total of 6" of spacer.....TOTALLY UNSAFE....So I've been using them only for the mock up and show while I built the car.  Thats why I bought a new set of rims with a much deeper negative offset. 

The guy is Fred Goeske.   Heres his website.   http://www.wheeladapter.com/index.php

This guy builds top notch spacers and adapters fit for very high performance rods and customs.  He's been in the drag racing business for decades and really knows what he is doing.  He will call you personally and talk to you over the phone after you've sent him your specs on his online quote form.  I think the biggest he goes is 3 1/2" spacer.   He is very nice guy and I have purchased many sets of spacers from him over the last 8 years or so with no problems or craftsmanship issues.  Not the cheapest....but very fair and quick manufacturing times and delivery. 

Hope this helps you. 

Mitch

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2013, 08:43:41 PM »
Nice paint job, What size are those rear spacers, and where did you get them if you dont mind.
Siteupp.com

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »
This is why we build these cars, to reach this stage we're we can finally enjoy it. Anything short would just be a pure waste of time. Can't wait to see it rimmed up and a video of it driving down the road!
-Jayso

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
Sweet. The car looks great. This is what happens when you put time into preparation.  ::thumbup
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:31:04 PM by Texas »

MDMurcy2

« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
Wow guys!  So encouraging to wake up and see so many of your compliments this morning.   Thanks so much....All of you.    It's all of you guys that have inspired me and motivated me to work so hard for this.   Remember that!

The pictures dont do it justice....it's so  dull  in the pictures.   It is sooooooo much brighter in person....trust me.   I guess that's why you guys dont see the flaws.  I've already nit picked it enough and had to repaint many panels from these pics.  there were a lot of pin holes from the fiberglass and filler that I had missed.  The lines did come out great though, I even must admit.   Cant wait to show you guys some more.....SOON!   I promise.   

Thanks again for your encouragement and support!
Mitch.   

MDMurcy2

« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »
The only problem I see with that color is possibly not being noticed when you drive it and blending in with other cars.  LOL!   :LL:

Awesome job Mitch, you should be proud brother!

Chris

Ha....really did laugh out loud to this one.  Yeah....really wanted that color that would slip through traffic unnoticed.  Dont really like a lot of attention.    W:)

Mitch

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:04 AM »
Couldn't imagine it looking this good. WOW!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
Awesome job my friend, very well done!
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »
 :notworthy A CKI kit can look that good!!! Speechless!!! WOW!!! Stupendous!!! Neato!!! Super Duper!!! You get the hint!!!  :notworthy
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »
Fancy Sauce!!!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2013, 05:11:52 AM »
To echo the previous comments , looks absolutely bang on ,can't help but be impressed. ::salute
Oooh , Red leather.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2013, 05:05:51 AM »
nice job on the body work!! A1

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2013, 03:13:42 AM »
I'm in total agreement with Dustin on this one, the lines are razor sharp which is a testament to your skills and hard work that went into this car.  The only problem I see with that color is possibly not being noticed when you drive it and blending in with other cars.  LOL!   :LL:

Awesome job Mitch, you should be proud brother!

Chris