Author Topic: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.  (Read 78040 times)

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Re: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »
Looking good Mitch, I like the fact that you're making the door pillar/A-pillar like OEM. You know what door glasses you're using?
-Jayso

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2013, 12:28:48 PM »
This was finishing up on the outer skin and working the fitment.   When painted, I will be doin the windshield frame in Satin black and the triangle area of the Mirror mount in gloss black.  Thats why I set the lines off in this set up.  It was too bulky looking when I matched up the lines.  I wanted a more sleek upper post. 

Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

MDMurcy2

« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
SO....Ended up raining most of the day yesterday.  I don't like spreading fillers when the humidity is so bad.  Thats Louisiana though. 

Spent most of the day fiber glassing the windshield pillar.  I separated the pillar on the door to help make this roadster look more like the OEM.   Took alot of trial and error to get the windshield to fit and get the door to open while still leaving a small gap in between the upper and lower part.  Took most of the day to finish up.   Did both sides today....so finished up a major hurdle.  This was the inner door piece.   

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:33:44 PM by MDMurcy2 »

MDMurcy2

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »
Mitch, wheels look fantastic as do the body lines, as stated above your doing great work :drool ! Glad to see you sticking with it, I hope things get better with your daughter, sending prayers your families way  ::salute

Dustin

Thanks Dustin and all you others that are sending your support and prayers.  It means alot to me. 

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2013, 08:27:45 AM »
Mitch, wheels look fantastic as do the body lines, as stated above your doing great work :drool ! Glad to see you sticking with it, I hope things get better with your daughter, sending prayers your families way  ::salute

Dustin

MDMurcy2

« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
Looking really good Mitch!  Those rims really look nice and I agree that the front end should be picked up a little.

What have you decided to do for the engine cover?

Chris

I've decided to hold up on the engine cover.   As soon as I spent this money and began to work hard on the car again.....my girl's health issues changed again.  Unfortunately, Life doesn't always agree with our plans and definitely knows how to throw our budgets into complete chaos.   But Im not giving up!  This car will be completed.     

exoticse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
Got my new adapters in today.  Tried out the rims for the first time.  I really love them.   Think I'm gonna pick the front up about 1.5" and level it out.  Plus that will give me some better clearance.   Still working the body.....SO CLOSE!   

My God that is beautiful ! Those wheels are absolutely drop dead gorgeous, WOW !!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
Your body lines are starting to look good, keep it up.  You should be in paint in no time.
Pedro

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »
Looking really good Mitch!  Those rims really look nice and I agree that the front end should be picked up a little.

What have you decided to do for the engine cover?

Chris

MDMurcy2

« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »
Got my new adapters in today.  Tried out the rims for the first time.  I really love them.   Think I'm gonna pick the front up about 1.5" and level it out.  Plus that will give me some better clearance.   Still working the body.....SO CLOSE!   

MDMurcy2

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2013, 09:27:42 PM »
Dang ,really nice struts , & wheels ,my friend want to know how much you want for the other wheels for his IKR670 Roadster build !!

I am selling them.   If anyone is interested.   They have never been on the road except around the block a few times, So less thank 5 miles of use for sure.  The front is 18 x 8 and the rears are 20 x 10.  The tires are Falken and are really nice as well.   I will clean them up and post a pic.  Rims, tires, and emblems I made came to just under 2k new.   Message me if you would like a price or if you want to make an offer.   Shipping is usually about $50/rim ups.  Depends on location.   Let me know....

Thanks
Mitch.   

MDMurcy2

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »

[/quote]

Wow Beautiful Shocks and struts.... If I recall you are building this on a MR2.... Are these beauties available for a 87 Fiero with a 88 rear engine cradle....
What would you all suggest for 88 Fiero rear struts upgrade and 87 Fiero shocks upgrade for the front. I am getting a v8 engine transplant on my Roadster now so I might as well get them upgraded. Any advise is greatly appreciated

Thanks
CCIE

[/quote]

CCIE....Thanks for the compliment.   I really like them.  And yes...this is on an MR2.    I don't really know whats available for the Fiero.   But heres a link to the site I found mine on.  Its easy to navigate and they have alot of other available coil over suspensions from different manufacturers.   Check it out.   Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  Hope you find what you are looking for.   This NEX product was really cool cause it separates the spring and shock from the spindle mount allowing the vehicle to be lowered without affecting ride quality.   Thats the main reason I picked this one.  A guy in my town has them on his Slammed MR2 and it still rides great.  I hope it does the same for my build.

Heres the Link:   http://www.prostreetonline.com/psm/suspension.asp 

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2013, 08:37:19 PM »
Those brake lights turned out nice!! Love how the running lights look. Keep it up my friend!

MDMurcy2

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »
Working on my tail lights.  Getting the wiring set up.  Heres a few pics and a vid of what I have so far.  The turn signal turned out too weak.  Getting Brighter LED's for it.  Will post an update when I get that.  But for now....I like the way it turned out.  The First pic is the brake lights.  The second pic is the night time running lights.  See the video for how it works so far. 

Thanks for checking it out. 

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »
Mitch! Glad to see your still at it. Car is looking great, can't wait to see it in color :) your so close!!!! Almost at the 3% we all dream of

Awesome support.  Thanks guys.   

Ok....so today I received my coil over struts.  They are Nex products.  Awesome feature is that the The NEX Type kit has all the features of a racing coilover without the harsh ride. They are designed to allow the vehicle to be lowered without affecting shock stroke or spring preload. This is done by seperating the spring preload adjustment from the ride height adjustment.  The spindle Mounting bracket is threaded and adjustable.  The ride quality is not affected by ride height!  Adjustment range is from 1.5"-3.5".  They really look nice.  This should give me a good quality ride with the lowered suspension. 

Wow Beautiful Shocks and struts.... If I recall you are building this on a MR2.... Are these beauties available for a 87 Fiero with a 88 rear engine cradle....
What would you all suggest for 88 Fiero rear struts upgrade and 87 Fiero shocks upgrade for the front. I am getting a v8 engine transplant on my Roadster now so I might as well get them upgraded. Any advise is greatly appreciated

Thanks
CCIE