How To - Tips > Steering / Suspension

Line lock

(1/3) > >>

aeauto:
Yes, there is a manual valve that you push the button on top to set it and when you push on the brake pedal it automatically releases.  I have one on a car I am building.  The electric ones remain on until you release them with a switch.

No Bull:

--- Quote from: aeauto on February 03, 2013, 06:24:48 PM ---Most states require a mechanical parking/emergency brake.  If you use a line lock you need one that is closed with the current off or it will run your battery down.  Also there is the issue of the brake rotor being warm when you apply the brake and as it cools and shrinks the brake will slip.

--- End quote ---

Don't they sell the Line Loc that is basically a manual valve that you close once you step on the brake pedal?  The old style was no more than a way to keep the brake fluid from traveling back up to the master cylinder which kept the brakes in a closed position until you released it.

Chris

aeauto:
Most states require a mechanical parking/emergency brake.  If you use a line lock you need one that is closed with the current off or it will run your battery down.  Also there is the issue of the brake rotor being warm when you apply the brake and as it cools and shrinks the brake will slip.

01Lambiero:
I vote for the cable.

norcaldiablo:
Thank you all! I will look at all this more and let you know what I am deciding. Might even tell what I am thinking BEFORE I do it!!!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version