Author Topic: E-brake lengthen  (Read 1440 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: E-brake lengthen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:48:15 AM »
Summit Racing has a universal twin cable "cut as required" kit.   Lokar Floor Mount Emergency Brake Cables EC-80FU
If you are using the oem Fiero brake cable, I believe that system is a one cable, right? back to the equilizer.  So all that you would need would be a longer single cable.  Match it up at Auto Zone?  Here's an alternative solution: Jamar makes a hydraulic valve to work in your brake system.  (it releases with a push on the brake pedal which might be a safety concern to you or maybe not, you decide)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jamar-USA-Hydraulic-BRAKE-LOCK-PARK-LOCK-w-Fittings-Line-pressure-holds-brakes-/310807376837?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485d9033c5&vxp=mtr

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:58:25 AM »
Does any one have any technical pics of this set up?
Or any info on how to make it longer??
I was planning on just cutting it and adding the rest but that would mean to also cut tru it's plastic housing. I think it needs the plastic housing in order to work good. Or???

Jets303

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »
This is what I used, worked great. I even had my brother help me with trying to pry it apart and it wouldn't budge. I did however run a bigger bolt for the clamping section and set some tack welds on the ends, just in case.

http://www.eurojamb.com/brake-cable-end-clamp-ducati-moto-guzzi-125-250-350-500-p-1866.html?zenid=caa3q6line6idoc1quqseb4136

lance345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
E-brake lengthen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 04:27:13 PM »
Hey all,

Just wanted some opinions. I have been reading the line lock thread and was hoping this would come up, but didn't seem to. I have to extend my ebrake by the 11" I stretched the car and have to stick with a manual cable system. I have read that there are "universal" kits to buy to make an ebrake, and others have just used extra wire and clamps.

What have others (sorry I don't know if a Fiero build needs this done or not) done? Any help is appreciated.