Author Topic: New guy obligatorily post!!  (Read 6237 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New guy obligatorily post!!
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 12:29:00 AM »
I think the MR2 is a more difficult stretch. The Fiero is simple, and can be done in a weekend. The MR2 requires cutting the pan and the dash area. No widetrack suspension or big brake kits are available for the MR2, so unless you are going to custom build all 4 corners of your suspension, wheel spacers are your only other option. The engine bay in the MR2 remains small after the chassis stretch, while the Fiero compartment grows 10+ inches, allowing room for just about any engine.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
Which rotary engine are you planning to use? 20b? or get out the checkbook and build a 26b?  ::toothy

Murci-Me

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
Yes its the same as the CKI murcy2, I bought mine from Triangle-G before he sold the moulds to CKI.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »
I am leaning towards roadster with either a custom built soft top or the fiberglassed rain top. I have reservations with the roadster though due to the fact that there is no upper support  following the roof line of the car. Much more bracing needed to solidify the car down low. At least from what I have seen and understand about car dynamics. :D

G28 body. Who makes it? I keep running into cki as best bang for buck, but see others that have purchased kits elsewhere. Where did you get yours from Murci ?

CKI (carkiinc) makes the G28 now called Mercy-2 after they bought the moulds from triangle G. Murci-me has this same body on a fiero chassis. He has done mods to the body to make it more accurate. Anyone please correct me if im wrong. Good luck with the rotary. It'll sound killer.

rotarycraig

• Liked: 13
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
I am leaning towards roadster with either a custom built soft top or the fiberglassed rain top. I have reservations with the roadster though due to the fact that there is no upper support  following the roof line of the car. Much more bracing needed to solidify the car down low. At least from what I have seen and understand about car dynamics. :D

G28 body. Who makes it? I keep running into cki as best bang for buck, but see others that have purchased kits elsewhere. Where did you get yours from Murci ?

Murci-Me

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »
Cheapest and fastest build will be a G28 body on a stretched Fiero. Longest and most expensive will be custom chassis with a OEM body (panel) kit.
Are you looking for a coupe or roadster?

rotarycraig

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
I am still looking at the kits available and who is having the most success with whose kits. Im not shooting for an exact replica am33r, just love the body styling and exotic look. I am not planning on putting ANY Lamborghini badges on this car. It will flaunt the fact that the heart of the beast is a rotary. :D

Id like to find out what the cost of doing this on a Fiero chassis is. Also if anyone has a CAD design for all the new gussets and framing that needs to be done for the support of the new body? I wonder if after all that cost, if it might be a better idea to build a custom chassis off the two companies I have read about on here.

notnilc20, I hear ya bud. Im not looking to get this done in a few months. I know it can easily take me 13-16 months to complete this project, and Im good with that. You cant rush greatness.

Murci-Me your car is a work of art. Love it man, love it. I do plan to drive this on just about every nice day in the summer, as I can. Gotta give my Eldorado a rest and save that Northstar engine. hehehe

Murci-Me

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
Welcome Craig. I drive my car almost daily (3 times a month) lol. It did just hit the 3K mark though!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:35:23 PM by Murci-Me »

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
Hey all. Name is Craig and Im a star...... anyways lol. I am not new to aftermarket and modification scene. I have built several imports into beasts and my favorite was my TII rx7. Hence rotarycraig.

Anyways. I have yet to purchase my donor or kit. I am doing as much research as i can before i decide. I DO plan on building a rotary based powerplant and omit any Lamborghini labels. I love the Mercy 2 kit but the reventon is uber sexy.

Any advice on kit support fabrication and best kit mfr to go with would be great. Also sourcing a lot of the odds and ends.

Thanks folks
Craig

Welcome you Star you. This hobby is much more demanding than your typical wrenching on a motor. You will need every facet of the game to be successful or at least be willing to learn on the go. I think you'll be just fine though. Welcome aboard.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 02:12:28 PM »
How accurate do you want this thing to be?

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »
You could also contact John Watson. He owns the most accurate body molds. Take a look around the site and you will see some of the excellent work he has done.

rotarycraig

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »
Aventador. Yup. Much more sexier then reventon. I will need to watch my budget tho. All work will be done by myself so labor costs will be very minimal if any. Ill have to see what the kit costs and what extra i need to get.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »
Katana makes  good Rev body in Orlando FL. Way before anybody started.
You can find him on Mm or Kitcentral. I'm not  sure if he's here.

rotarycraig

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »
Thanks Dustin. Im excited to get started. Gotta find my donor first. Oh, does anyone daily drive their cars? Any issues with the body cracking? I dont believe in trailer queens (seen too many while I was a judge for HIN and I rev shows) and cars are made to be driven and hard.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
This is true, I never did hear the outcome of what had happened.