Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2957 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 06:38:40 AM »
Hello Dennis and welcome to the site.

Can I ask you to please start a build diary?  By doing this, it'll be easier for folks who are building similar projects to find, comment and learn from your progress.

Thanks,

Chris

Dennis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
Hello Eddie  Thanks for the reply and the info on the window regulators. But for one or more reasons, I think I'm going to have to go with the kit from AutoLoc the kit is all new, and the company says they will work for what I'm doing with them. They also said they will back that up. Besides, I will not buy the rest of the parts I need from them. And they want their parts in the shows too. I'm using one of their popper kits for the doors and one for the rear deck. If I get it right when you hit the remote for either the doors or the deck they should rise on their own to the full open. But we'll see. Starting full scale on the build Monday. I'll start by taking photo's of the frame work that had been started on this car and never finished before I got the car a few weeks ago now. You will see why I have to cut it out and start over. The way it is right now, I'd be afraid to hit a rabbit at 30 mph. I think part of this job will focus on just what not to do! Wait till you see the welding that was done on this car. What a joke. And I know that your not supposed to comment badly on another mans work. When it comes to safety and someone is going to drive a car that I put together, I will not do crap work on a car and risk the life of someone that has to drive it.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »
Rodrieguz  who build outstanding Diablo and now he's building other Lambo. he uses I think  a regulator from one if Japs car.

Dennis

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 02:06:57 PM »
Yes your so right Tall on. Trail and error can cost a lot. My back ground has always been it the body shop business. And before I went and started my own shop years ago, the owner of a shop that I was the lead tech for was a race car driver. So I was forced to learn to fabricate all the time. This car I'm building belongs to a guy in Houston, TX. And this car is going to be in every car show he can enter it in, along with advertisement for his hi end clothing store. So I need this car to stand out in the crowd for the right reasons.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »
I understand, we can always do things better or try other methods.
but for example, the aftermarket hinges aren't something you'd see on a lambo. lambo hinges are really simple and there are dimensions on here to help you make your own if you wanted to go that route. It's your build, this sites just here to make things like that a little easier so you don't have to go through so much trial and error. Ask murcie-me what won't work in building his car I'm sure he's got a big list lol. Not a diablo, though so everything's different.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:45:33 PM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

Dennis

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:19 PM »
Well yes, some things I will use from info from other builders. I listen to what others have to say. Take a good look at it, and then I try to make it better. After all none of these kits go together without a lot of fabrication. And not any one way is the only way. Take the hinges for the doors. I've seen a lot of examples of different ways to get them to go up and down. I've been given prices from $350.00 for a set to $12,000.00 per side for a VOODOO hinge. I'm not lying look it up for yourself on AutoLoc.com. I'm not trying to give you a hard time Tallon because your right in what you said. It is better to follow what is known to work. But it's just me. But time will tell very soon if my way of thinking outside the box works well or I crash and burn. LoL

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »
They said it would work with what application?

It's just better to buy the parts that are known to work by other builders, and all of the parts you get from the salvage yard aren't going to cost $210

Dennis

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
OK as I said I'd do, here is the kit number for the door glass regulators that AutoLoc.com told me that they have used in the past. I don't know, but here is is part#PW5500  2 door flat power window kit u- wire/passenger cost $210.00. Also Jim thanks for the info on the glass at AGP we're buying a set. As for fiberglass work needed thats what I do. Now I'm just needing a lead on the rubber around the windshield frame for the top. So now I'm ready to  ::rocker

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 05:13:24 AM »
Welcome Dennis.  We have a ton of answers right here at Lamboclone as well as knowledge too.  As for your window regs, all parts suppliers will tell you that their parts will work.  "SEARCH" the forum for answers from people who know what will or what won't work.  Tell us what company made your body.  This will help immensely.  Check AGP for glass but remember if you are installing OEM into a replica, sometimes (most times) extra body work will be required.  Door work comes towards the end of your build.  If you don't want to get "burned out", concern yourself only with the task at hand in your build.  What chassis?  I hope that you make the 3% club.  ::thumbup Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Dennis

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »
I will get the part number tomorrow for the window regulator kit that the manager himself said would work I remember is cost $250.00 I'm also going to buy popper kit for doors and rear deck lid from them. Was going to buy hinges from them, But found a better stronger way to do the hinges and it will lock the framing in the doors to the cage and roll bar being installed. Hopefully making it a little saver.

Dennis

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »
Now that is some good info. what year range?

eddie

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »
no Dennis I'm using OEM glass. it's just, T bird glass chanels are the same curve as Diablo.

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:32:01 PM »
Dennis, please post the kit you have in mind for the windows from autoloc. I just looked through their site and nothing there will actually work. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Dennis

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
Thanks Eddie  your not using the cougar glass are you? your using just the channel right? As for the door motor for the glass I'm getting a kit from AutoLoc.com  ::LAMBO  Thanks again Eddie  Hey I am still looking for the weather stripping kit for the car.

eddie

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »
 Dennis, I have a 99 Roadster and I'm using 92 Cougar/T bird P/w regulator and glass channel. they fit A1.if you go to junk yard to remove ome , take a little power tool battery to lower the glass for easy removal.oh the regulator is big butt riveted so drill it out those . if you need a picture i'll poste it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:10:44 PM by eddie »