Author Topic: Door latches and strickers for Murcielago  (Read 11365 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: Door latches and strickers for Murcielago
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
Some of the BMW 745 and 760's have these features, they are called soft close doors same concept as the trunk closing you are talking about
Pedro

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
has anyone ever seen doors that you just shut partially and there is an actuator or whatever and it snugs it up to where it latches?  Also, seen similar thing with trunk latches too.  I was looking at this option but I don't know the mechanics of it and how much space you need to install something like this.  Can anyone point me to some more info on this mechanism and where to buy? 

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
Hey guys, which one is for John Watson? Which one fits the real one the best?

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
I think they look better hidden inside the door anyway

Murci-Me

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
Our g28's use the internal latches because of how the doors are. But autopro you will have an oem door so I'm guessing you will need the diablo style latches.

g28 latches are 126, striker has the guide formed on them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-126-DOOR-STRIKER-500SEC-560SEC-500SEL-COUPE-/300196687542?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45e51deeb6&vxp=mtr
(not for watson body or diablo)

murcie-me has told us to use these latches

Those are correct, the others wont work on G28 doors.
As far as OEM goes, Diablos and Murcielagos use the same latch, externally mounted on the door. If you have a G28 door, you can modify it to accept an external mount latch, but I wouldn't recommend it.
The striker Tallon posted is correct for G28 applications, it has the guide built in. G28's were designed to use the internal mounted latch, mounted the same as the car they are salvaged from.
2 latches and 2 strikes cost $60 if anybody needs them.

Flying_Roadster

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:03:50 AM »
No Bull, I had never seen one with the reverse release. That would be perfect for my Countach, I believe. I have limited space and the release is pushed up in the frame, this would solve that problem.

Great find.

Grant

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
Our g28's use the internal latches because of how the doors are. But autopro you will have an oem door so I'm guessing you will need the diablo style latches.

g28 latches are 126, striker has the guide formed on them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-126-DOOR-STRIKER-500SEC-560SEC-500SEL-COUPE-/300196687542?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45e51deeb6&vxp=mtr
(not for watson body or diablo)

murcie-me has told us to use these latches
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:09:48 AM by Tallon »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »
I will be using a set on my G28 from a 450SL otherwise known as 107.  Depending on how much work you want to put into them, you can mount them on the inside of the door or make an internal frame / plate and cut away the section of door which will expose them more like an OEM door (see the replica and OEM pictures below).
Chris

I definitely want to mount them on the outside of the door so they look more original.  Thanks for the info.

There are many that look similar but the one you want has a lever that you push down on from the top.

Notice in the pics below the early Diablos had the latches mounted with the striker cut out outboard.
The Roadsters, 6.0 and Murcielago had then mounted inboard.

Wow I never noticed that, that is very good to know.  So by the links you sent me it doesn’t matter if I purchase the latches from the rear doors correct?  I would much rather buy those since they probably got a lot less use.
Pedro

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:18:30 AM »
I will be using a set on my G28 from a 450SL otherwise known as 107.  Depending on how much work you want to put into them, you can mount them on the inside of the door or make an internal frame / plate and cut away the section of door which will expose them more like an OEM door (see the replica and OEM pictures below).

Installed on a replica:

What a OEM door looks like:

Chris
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:25:11 AM by No Bull »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Door latches and strickers for Murcielago
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:59:23 AM »
I've read that the Mercedes door latch and striker are the ones to use for the Murcielago. There are several models but no specific information that I could find.  I was able to narrow it down to a latch that is externally mounted from a W114, W115 or W116 body.  Does anyone know exactly which one it is and from what years cars they come from?
Pedro