Author Topic: Murci-Me's Build/Change Diary  (Read 23562 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Murci-Me's Build/Change Diary
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 02:06:30 AM »
Here are some pictures of the door card installed on the door. The last thing I need to do is get some new speaker grills from ebay.

Murci-Me

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 02:00:18 AM »
So, i'm almost finished with the interior changeover (new OEM style center console, new center console armrest/glovebox, carbon fiber center console switch plate, carbon fiber stereo box, carbon fiber HVAC cover, new door cards, carbon fiber door sills), and the next step was the new door cards. They've been sitting in my shed for 8 months waiting to be fitted and covered. After searching far and wide for someone talented enough to do the stitchwork, I found a guy a few miles from my house (my regular guy Rafael is swamped and doesn't have time). I did the leather on the top half and armrest, and he did the shoulder bolster and main card (since they have stitching).
I prefit them 2 weeks ago, and got them back the other day. The first thing I did was assemble the 4 pieces, and install the door handle cable. I didnt want any screws showing, so I had to come up with a way to hide them. I mounted the card to the door under the shoulder bolster, and then 2 screws on the underside of the card with "L" brackets attached to the door that they screw into. The front of the card is held in place with 2 screws that are hidden under a cover plate that is velcro'd in place.
Once attached, the shoulder bolster is held on by 2 keyhole slots in the card that screw heds slip into and lock in place. The bolster is then held in place (so it cant slip back) with one screw that is covered with a snap-in cover.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:03:14 AM by Murci-Me »

Murci-Me

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
I never said anyone claimed the parts were 100% accurate, but for the price they cost you would expect something at least a little closer to spec. I dont know why someone would go through all that trouble to make a 670 kit and then drop the ball as far as any accuracy. Its no more work to do it right, especially when you're starting from scratch like they did.
Yes, the owner complained about customer service and missing parts, but in a PM to me at the old forum he told me the parts and fitament were crap, not worth the money.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »
Digi was right the images were edited, he didn't claim that they were 100% accurate parts just that the images were edited. And that person with the 670 upgrade mainly complained about the customer service, not getting all of his parts.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 06:51:59 AM »
Yours is going to be amazing mike

IwantAMURCIE

• I'm building my dream....
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0

Tallon

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 09:30:15 AM »
You mean "MK" 6 right?

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a06/b9/jc/troubleshoot-down-but-not-up-800x800.jpg
newer audis have the same ones

I think the older audi's are closer because they have the angle on them and grip, image on them looks outdated though. Older mazda's have the grip but they're flat as well no angle.
I think my A8 has some close looking ones switches.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:43:20 AM by Tallon »

SchulzeA

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »
I wasn't aware that both 640 and 670 models ever shared the same window switch style. The pictures I had found for the mx6 looked like the older 640 style.

The 96-01 Audi A4 looks very similar to the "newer style" as well.

Murci-Me

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 01:24:40 AM »
Thats what I meant by "newer style". The 670 and 640 use the same style window switch surrounds.

SchulzeA

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 03:17:09 AM »
Why aren't you using the lp670 style window switches?

Murci-Me

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
Mike! I've been trying to get in touch with you so I can come out and see the car in person. Is this why u haven't allowed me to come check it out yet?  ;D

You can come out anytime! Just contact me here and we can set up a meet!

Tallon

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »
yea like me I only get to work on small parts at work but it never seems to get the car any more closer to complete  ::sad

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:47 AM »
Back to Murci-Me's build... I saw 3 pictures on a forum of his interior dash and stearing wheel and 2 pictures of a white lp640 in a garage. If this is his work this guy is the baddest builder I have ever seen ( and you are in a class above the rest.

Yes murci me built that amazing white murci, the best finished murci hands down

No kit car seller like rob could ever come close to murci me, for no other reason that so much time has been put in that car. Murci me has said it's taken $52000 plus all his (free) labor to build .

Robs cars sell for $17-20k with no doors or interior because it's those finishing details that double and triple the build cost

Hellboy

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
I can understand that everyone wants to see Murci-Me's build, because im dying to see better detailed pictures of his build. Im new to this website but have been following replica lambo builds for about 6 years now. I guess im really anal and just havent gone with anyone in particular to build me a car because you will see several fantastic exteriors but man when it comes to the interiors they all pretty much looked really cheesy. I have met with several "so called" top builders like roblp640 and jvdcustoms and their extieriors were well done but they had not pulled off an interior at all. Back to Murci-Me's build... I saw 3 pictures on a forum of his interior dash and stearing wheel and 2 pictures of a white lp640 in a garage. If this is his work this guy is the baddest builder I have ever seen (talking about 6 years of research, meeting up with several builders, forums, pictures on build sites, and googling the hell out of the internet). I can see how he just wants to bust out on his car when its complete, But man Im dying to see more pictures of his car. I have lived my life for me to make sure that when I look back at my life on my death bed I can say I did it all with no regrets (Ok now im getting kind of heavy on every one! lol). Do your thing Murci-Me your obviously doing the right thing and you are in a class above the rest.

p.s. Just posted in the wrong section sorry Tallon lol

Tallon

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
See, I say that to get you to explain what you've done so far as you say the thread is for. Up until now you haven't. Look forward to seeing it.