Author Topic: Stacy David's SLC (Superlight Cars)  (Read 897 times)

jdinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
Re: Stacy David's SLC (Superlight Cars)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
I have seen that show before and he is a joke. Tens of thousands of dollars poured into factory cars on that show. Wow Stacey you can bolt that on, provided it fits of course.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
Re: Stacy David's SLC (Superlight Cars)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »
 He often gives unreasonable expectations to people. I rarely watch since the show is basically one big commercial. Oh and don't forget 10minutes of fake laughs in each show.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Stacy David's SLC (Superlight Cars)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
Stacy David made a comment on his show "Gearz" the other night while talking about "Super Cars" and "Kit Cars" which I found to be offensive to me and a ton of replica builders out there.  His comment was "when you get all done, you still only have a replica".  He skimmed the huge challenge that each builder gets when the project is being constructed and sense of accomplishment after completion.  If you have seen his show previously, he shows how easily the products install.  Of course most are bolt and run items or plug and play.  If he runs into a tough procedure, he usually just tells you how to do it without showing you how "hard it really was for him to do it).   If you haven't been down the road, don't tell someone else about the scenery.  my $0.02  Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired