Author Topic: Front air lift compressor  (Read 1873 times)

norcaldiablo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Front air lift compressor
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
That is perfect!  Thank you very much.

Phil

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
I believe that the following pic of the wiring diagram is correct as to Amp ratings for the compressor and solenoids.  Use appropriate amp rating wire for the circuits.  I'm not sure if the actuating switch is located on the LH dash or on the console. 
Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

farmer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
i am currently installing air lift on the front of my lambo also,  from what i am reading the two black solenoids on the brass valve are for airing up and letting out air to the bags, one valve will allow air pressure from the tank go into the air bags and lift up the car, the other valve will let out air to drop the car back down. The fitting with wire on it at the air tank would be the pressure switch for the compressor, this will tell the compressor to turn on when the pressure in the air tank is too low and then will tell the compressor to turn off  when its at the right air pressure, the pressure  switch on the air tank should be wired to a relay  that is active with the ignition on ( to prevent the compressor from running when the car is off) there is a air ride diagram in the suspension section of how one of these systems work. I hope this helps and doesnt confuse you

farmer

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
When I got my car it had one of those huge shop portable air tanks and I filled it at the service station.  I have since eliminated the tank and just use a 12v harbor freight air compressor to raise it when necessary.  I'm not entirely satisfied with my current set up and would like to have as small a tank as possible to raise my car instantly instead of waiting for the compressor to do it's job.  If anyone knows what size tank to use, I would like to hear it.  Just enough to raise the car and then I can repressurize it with the onboard compressor afterwords for the next raise.

norcaldiablo

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Front air lift compressor
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
I have an NAERC chassis put together by IFG

To lift the front over speed bumps and such, there is a small compressor and air bags on the front suspension

I am trying to figure out the wiring.

I have 2 small black boxes mounted on brass valves. I have to assume these are solenoids. (Why 2? )

There is another wire to a brass thing on the air line at the bottom of the storage bottle. I assume this opens the line to fill the air bags.

I do not see any relays.

So my question are:

I assume I need a relay for the compressor. But do I need a switch? I assume it has a built in pressure switch. Am I right? Do I really need a relay or just a large direct wire? Guess I would only so it could be powered/controller by "ignition on"

Do I need relays for with the solenoids? How much of a load are they?

What type of switch will I need? I will need one position to raise the car, and another position to let it down. I don't suppose there is a "right" place for this switch.

There is a large plastic tube running to the air bags and another much smaller line as well. What are each of these?

Thank you all for the help.

Phil