Author Topic: Bierhanzel's Murci headlight Glass  (Read 10934 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Bierhanzel's Murci headlight Glass
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 10:51:06 AM »
Thanks bierhanzel. I understand we don't speak each other's language and the translators aren't very good. When you think about it, it is really amazing that we can communicate at all! Thank you for making the effort. I will be interested to hear what you are able to come up with on new lenses.

Last I heard you had two left lenses or something and were missing a right. Do you still have one extra lens you would like to sell? If so, I may be interested in it.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

bierhanzel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 100
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 11:56:01 PM »
Hello. My problem is actually in the the translator. However, I expressed what I might like. English words are totally foreign to me. The Czech language has many words and expressions, or we have many words for the matter concerned :-) If anyone of you controls the Czech or German language can carry conversation in that direction :-D

Mentioned glass from Ebay-France are also purchased from me. :-) a small world

Price 21,000 usd is really ridiculous. We try to arrange the production of cheaper forms. It's not easy to make a say. Too big plane and must shiny. So it is a huge need for a two-part piece polished stainless steel molds! Therefore, we try to make a style lying down. But then again, nobody can guarantee you that the first attempt will be good. -)

BigPines

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
Yes is very unfortunate.  :( What material were you using to mold them?

Your glass looks different than the glass in my pic three. I am starting to think the pics I found are in fact not glass sold by bierhanzel.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »
That sucks! I got blobs of epoxy on mine while making sides for my buckets but luckily it came off with some effort
Even pried with much force getting the buckets off, no break

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »
I bought one of the very first sets of headlight glass from bierhanzel, they are as real as i can find compared to any OEM lamp i have looked at.

they are a strange glass though, i am thinking they are not tempered in any way, as when i made moulds of the glass, areas that had exposure stuck to my material and when i separated them the glass flaked off...  so, not borosilicate and not tempered, they also have cold flow patterns in them suggesting temperature issues when pressed... as they also have seams along the edges...
i would suggest injection moulding of UV protected poly carbonate...  i have also been looking into this, but until i have a new part in my hand i will continue searching.

BigPines

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »
Ah, just one side. That makes more sense. :)

Matty99dun

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 01:23:49 PM »
they didn't sell first time was relisted twice ( but only one side ) trying to find seller on my ebay could be Safrane

BigPines

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »
Wow, I would have LOVED to win that auction!

Matty99dun

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
I have seen genuine OEM glass lense for sale brand new with Hella box for sale on Ebay in France last year
I did ask about the item he said a friend bought a pair new but only needed one so he was selling the other, nothing else really was mentioned he was asking $700 for the one.
but deff HELLA made. 

BigPines

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
I'm sure bierhanzel is a nice guy. I just didn't understand the BS comment. We are all just trying to understand what is going on here. No worries.

Tallon

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »
I don't think Bierhanzel meant it to sound like that. He's an extremely nice person, just isn't the best at English and sometimes uses a translator I'm thinking but I've never had too much of a problem with understanding him.
Actually I'm grateful to have the glass lens and to use them, it's always nice to have a backup plan though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:28:04 AM by Tallon »

BigPines

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »
Hmmm...I am puzzled by the defensive response bierhanzel. Since when is honest investigating and asking questions to find the facts considered bullshit? Maybe this is just a language translation problem and I have misunderstood. Either way, the pictures don't lie. The glass in the last two pictures of my previous post do not appear to be identical to me. The corners look more round in pic three, the color looks like it may be different and the edge is definitely thicker in pic three. One thing that has yet to be answered is if pic three is of glass sold by you. Could you please confirm or deny?

I was personally quoted $2,500 for molds and I can tell you they would be perfect or I simply wouldn't pay. The problem with that quote was it was a minimum of 100 pieces and I don't believe there is currently that much demand. I will probably start with plastic lenses and then try to get some OEM spec glass ones at some point. With so many people trying to come up with a glass solution, we should have some good alternatives in the future.

For anyone else interested, I asked for clarification from FGP. They confirmed their lenses are PETG vacuum formed and OEM size.

dratts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33:38 AM »
Hello .... Glass lenses from me were original made ​​for Hella!

Newly'm trying to produce quality molds. However, it is a huge problem. Investing in molds about 21.000,- USD and no one can guarantee that the very first molds will be good ....

This is true throughout the story .... Please, no more bullshit ...

I will continue to strive to manufacture, but as I said it is not easy. I will continue to strive for sale here for members Lamboclone "human reasonable prices" .... Original Lamborghini users are able to pay 2x to 3x a more!

Good luck to your work Bierhanzel  ::thumbup ::LAMBO

Why $21,000 for molds that might not be perfect and then produce a product that might shatter?  I would like to have an alternative to my plastic lenses too.

bierhanzel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 100
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 06:57:53 AM »
Nothing happens. Throw it behind us  ::bounce

Tallon

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 06:38:34 AM »
I knew they were perfect lenses just didn't know who the manufacturer was and the process they were made :\