Author Topic: Obsolete Parts?  (Read 1558 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Obsolete Parts?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
It made sense to me a while back. I don't own a kit of any kind but I went and purchased all 14 oem grills and 11 oem Exterior lights (besides headlights) for the Murcielago before hand  ::rocker its either smart or stupid but i did it

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Obsolete Parts?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »
Good call Jim thanks for posting that... With this being said the New Murcielago parts are getting hard to find I've noticed since production has stopped, Bierhanzel is having a tough time getting the headlight glass also ::counfused

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Obsolete Parts?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »
Since most of us have jumped headlong into this fabulous hobby, a point that has come to me is that since Lamborghini has such a small manufacturing volume there is a real possibility that the parts that we need to make our replicas stand out will be high priced and harder to find as we put on the finishing touches.  I started my build late on my 2001 Diablo 6.0 (bought the body in 2009).  So I had already missed out on the "close to oem" replica bodies that had been in production until Audi closed them down.  Now it is 2013 and I hope (I'm not a speed builder) to have my body mounted by the end of this year.  Example: the door grip that I need used to sell for $40 oem now sells for $290.35.  It would be good to purchase your emblems, switches, handles, lights, etc. prior to the time that you think you will need them.  Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired