Author Topic: No Bull  (Read 1718 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
No Bull
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
Many of you guys know me already from the other forums but I don't think I've ever made a full introduction for myself or what got me into this hobby. 

My name is Chris and I grew up in a small Ohio town in the early 80's.  One very boring summer, I decided to hang out at the local library basically because it had air conditioning and our house didn't.  I wanted to make the most of my time there so I started checking out the magazines when I can across a copy of Road & Track and on the cover was this amazing looking rocketship of a car that instantly made my 12 year old blood travel to my lower extremities.  I quickly took the magazine back to the table and there I learned all about the Lamborghini Countach and my love affair began.  Over the next 30 years I read and followed everything I could about these cars, the founder and the company which brings us to now.  As an adult, I'm finally at "that place" that I could actually buy a used Countach or even a Diablo, however something deep inside is afraid of being disappointed.  A personal goal of owning a Lambo someday is what helped make this poor kid from a small town successful, and if that goal was finally met.. then what?  I have several friends who have owned Lamborghini's and I've listened to the many horror stories about maintenance costs, quality and reliability issues (see the video below).

I've finally decided that I would build my own car that captures the beauty of an original while remaining practical and affordable to own and drive.  As a replica, I can personalize my car to my liking and have the pride in knowing that I built it.  I am also enjoying the journey related to the build and I really appreciate the time and energy it takes to get something just right.  I purchased a partially completed G28L (LP640 Roadster) project and I've been reworking to my preferences.  My goal is to create a fantasy car that I'm calling a LP640 GTR-FX roadster which is something the company never built.  It will be patterned after a road legal race car and be somewhat minimalist but OEM in appearance. 

It's to be powered by a 3800 Super Charged engine (400 HP) and have a Pontiac F40 six speed manual transmission.  The car will have a custom rear frame and be finished in a pearl white with carbon fiber accents under the bat wings, muffler panel, door handles, drivers side rocker scoop and headlight brows.  Enjoy the site and thanks for reading my story.

Chris

Greatest Ever The Countach Lamborghini
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:10:23 PM by No Bull »